Introductory Paragliding Course
- U.S. Paragliding Association certified Advanced Tandem Instructor
- Your experienced pilot has flown more than 160 days per year for over 10 years
- Comprehensive ground school teaches you the 3 fundamental stages of paragliding: launch, flight, and landing
- Put your new knowledge to the test on the practice hill. You will fly your first day!
Your day begins with a basic orientation where you will become familiar with the design and components of a paraglider as well as the fundamentals of flying.
You will receive a comprehensive lesson on launch preparation; launch technique, proper control of the paraglider in flight and the method used to flare the canopy for a gentle landing.
After learning the basics, it will be time to learn to fly. Your solo instruction starts at the bottom of a training hill or sand dune, working your way up at your comfort level with the instructor right there on the radio with you.
You can expect to fly the first day. Your second day will be spent flying and fine tuning your skills.
There is no better place to learn this incredible means of travel than the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
You will meet in Portland and drive approximately 2 hours to the launch site.
Instructors are USHGA certified.
1 or 2 Full Days
Up to 25 people.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Dressing in layers is suggested. It is also a good idea to wear light hiking shoes, as you may be walking to the practice hill.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
Other Portland Experiences:(View all 22 Portland experiences)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $255Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Beers of PortlandFrom: $115Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Half Day Rafting TripFrom: $89Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- Willamette Valley Wine Trail TourFrom: $180
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $245
- Glass Blowing Workshop (for 3+)From: $330Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Mt Hood Wineries & WaterfallsFrom: $245
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(34)
- All Portland Experiences
- Gift Certificates