Learn to Fly a Helicopter
- FAA certified flight instructor with over 40 years experience
- You will pilot the Robinson R-22 or R-44, the most popular instruction helicopters in the world
- Start with a brief ground lesson before taking to the sky and taking the controls
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Oregon wine country below
- No experience necessary!
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to sit in the pilot's seat and take the controls of a helicopter? Here is your chance to learn the basics with this fun and exhilarating helicopter flight lesson.
Your learn to fly experience starts with a ground lesson and preflight helicopter inspection where your FAA certified flight instructor will teach you about the controls, safety, and the basic theory of helicopter flight.
Once the preflight is complete, buckle up, prepare for takeoff, and enjoy the feeling of taking the controls of a helicopter in flight.
From the engine start up to soaring over the heart of Oregon wine country with the Oregon Cascade mountain range to the east and the Pacific Coastal range to the west, this is an experience you'll remember for a lifetime!
To fly the R-22 the participant must be no taller than 6'6" and weigh no more than 220 lbs.
To fly the R-44 the participant must weigh no more than 300 lbs. There is no height limit.
All participants must be at least 13 years of age. No experience necessary.
Approximately 40 minutes of flight time. Plan on being onsite for about 2 hours to include enough time for ground school, orientation, etc.
1 student per helicopter
Spectators are welcome to come and watch or take pictures and view the takeoff.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Other Portland Experiences:(View all 23 Portland experiences)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $255Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Beers of PortlandFrom: $115Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Whitewater Rafting - White Salmon RiverFrom: $89Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- Willamette Valley Wine Trail TourFrom: $180
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $245
- Glass Blowing Workshop (for 3+)From: $330Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Mt Hood Wineries & WaterfallsFrom: $245
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(34)
- All Portland Experiences
- Gift Certificates