Tour departs from Portland, OR
May - Mid-December: Wednesday and Saturdays, 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
*Walk or snowshoe depending on snow levels.
**Private tours are available 7 days a week by request.
- Your friendly and knowledgeable guides have been featured in National Geographic, USA Today and the Seattle Times
- Drive the spectacular Columbia River Highway, view amazing waterfalls, take a memorable hike along rushing rivers, and explore snow-capped Mt Hood
- Visit Mt Hood's historic Timberline Lodge
- Sample boutique wines at some of the area's local wineries
The trip from Portland through the Columbia River Gorge and around Mt Hood offers views of spectacular waterfalls, walks in pristine wine country, historic sites and breathtaking mountain vistas.
As you make your way towards the town of Hood River you'll embark on a tour of a few local wineries, each one unique and charming in its own way. Sample some of the boutique wines found only in Oregon. Some of the wineries you may visit may include Marchesi, Hood River Vineyards, Cathedral Ridge, Wy'East Vineyards and Pheasant Valley.
After your fill of excellent wines, head towards Mt Hood, whose snow-capped peak dominates the skyline. Along the way, enjoy hikes along rushing rivers and fish-laden streams. Make your way up to historic Timberline Lodge, where you can take in the monumental views and read about local legends and pioneering skiers.
From there you'll wind your way back through dense forests to the Salmon River. You'll have the chance to walk through old growth forests and along the Salmon River.
After a day of waterfalls, wineries and mountains it's time to head back to Portland to enjoy the sites and sounds of the city.
*Please note during the late season (November and December) the tour will most likely be on snowshoes.
Tour includes downtown Portland hotel pick-up or drop off (if applicable), highly qualified naturalist guide, travel in adventure-outfitted Mercedes van or luxury SUV, Pacific Northwest gourmet picnic lunch with Oregon wine, morning snack and beverage, all entry fees and comprehensive commentary.
Your guides practice ecologically responsible tourism. All tours are powered by clean burning alternative bio-diesel fuel produced from domestic, renewable resources.
Gratuity for your guide is not required but is appreciated.
Approximately 10 hours; 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 10 per tour. For groups larger than 4 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is not weather dependent. Snowshoes will be provided during the winter months.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance of intended date.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no cancellations are allowed, however you may reschedule up to 7 days before your scheduled date with a $50 per person change fee. No changes are allowed within 7 days.
Other Portland Gift Ideas:(View all 26 Portland experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $255Avg Rating of: 5(6)
- Beers of PortlandFrom: $115Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Pearl District and Downtown Food TourFrom: $100
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $215Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Mississippi Avenue Food TourFrom: $95
- Alphabet District Food TourFrom: $95
- Whitewater Rafting - White Salmon RiverFrom: $70Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- Willamette Valley Wine Trail TourFrom: $180
- All Portland Experiences