Columbia River Gorge or Tillamook, OR
Columbia River Gorge:
September through March: Saturdays
*Typically between 9:00 AM & 10:00 AM
April through August: Saturday, Sunday & Mondays
*Typically 9:00 AM
- U.S. Paragliding Association certified Advanced Tandem Instructor
- Your experienced pilot has flown more than 160 days per year for over 10 years
- Take the controls with the safety and comfort of your instructor by your side
- Enjoy stunning views of the Pacific Northwest from over 1,000 vertical feet!
After a brief instruction on safety and equipment you will be launched with your experienced tandem instructor to enjoy the freedom of flying the smallest, simplest aircraft in the world!
Enjoy the incredible scenery of the Pacific Northwest from nearly 1,000 vertical feet and feel the wind gently blowing through your hair.
Have a lifetime experience to remember!
- Participants must be at least 18 years old
- For bookings September through March you will meet your instructor in Troutdale and drive to the launch site in the Columbia River Gorge
- For bookings April through August you will meet your instructor in Hillsboro and drive to the launch site in Tillamook
5-6 hours total. Flight time varies depending on the conditions. Typically flights are 30-60 minutes.
1 per flight.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Dressing in layers is suggested. It is also a good idea to wear light hiking shoes, as you may be walking to your launch site.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is there a weight limit?
There is no weight limit for this experience.
Where will I be flying?
Depending on the weather conditions on the day of your experience, you will fly either in Tillamook or at the Columbia River Gorge.
Do you jump off cliffs? How do you take off?
We do not jump off anything. We pull the paraglider up into the prevailing wind. We have it controlled and fully inflated overhead as we run down the slope into the wind to gain take off speed. This is usually done in just a few steps.
What happens when the wind stops?
We do not need wind to fly. Paragliders can be launched, flown and landed with the greatest of ease in no wind. Although, without wind or thermals rising, it would just be a gentle glide down to the Landing Zone.
Do paraglider pilots have back up parachutes?
Absolutely! We all have integrated reserve parachutes built into our harnesses. Deployments of the reserve parachute are extremely rare. We also carry radios so we can stay in contact with each other as well.
Other Portland Gift Ideas:(View all 20 Portland experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $225
- Pearl District and Downtown Food TourAvg Rating of: 3-half(1)From: $80
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $215
- Mississippi Avenue Food TourAvg Rating of: 3(1)From: $76
- Whitewater Rafting - White Salmon RiverAvg Rating of: 5(9)From: $70
- Tandem ParaglidingAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $145
- Tandem SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $200
- Willamette Valley Wine Trail TourFrom: $140
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- All Portland Experiences
"It was fantastic! Max Rox paragliding was awesome. "
"Very knowledgeable, personable, and highly experienced pilot. Had such a blast, I decided to sign up for lessons with him!"
"Absolutely amazing experience! You could see the ocean and the view was beautiful."