Charlotte Motor Speedway - Concord, NC
Select Dates Only:
* 2017 dates to be announced
- Full size, Sprint Cup stock cars that have been raced by the likes of Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Carl Edwards and Dale JR.
- Race with a professional instructor and top speeds of 160 MPH!
- To Actually Drive The Car Yourself, check out our Drive a Stock Car experience!
It's time to strap on your helmet and buckle up for your high-speed adventure on a real NASCAR Speedway.
Your expert instructor will take you on the ride of your life as you hit real racing speeds up to 160 MPH!
Charlotte Motor Speedway
Considered the home track to many NASCAR race teams, this 1.5-mile, quad-oval, asphalt track is complete with 24 degree turns and 5 degree straights. With a 1,980 foot frontstretch and 1,500 foot backstretch you're in for the time of your life!
- Participants must be in good overall physical condition, no taller than 6'7" and weigh no more than 280 pounds
- There is no age limit to ride, however for safety reasons it is required that participants are a minimum height of 5'0" and a weigh at least 100 lbs
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must give written consent
- Feel free to bring snacks and drinks to enjoy while you are at the track
- Some seating is provided, however, it is recommended to bring lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators
3 or 6 lap packages; time at the track is approximately 2 - 3 hours
1 per car
We encourage friends and family to join you, and they may bring a camera to capture your experience! Limited seating is provided, so we recommend bringing lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact your experience provider in advance, especially if inclement weather is predicted! If inclement weather causes cancellation of your experience, you will be given the option to reschedule for another available date or be issued a gift card that you can use at a later date; both of these options will be carried out directly with the racing school. A refund will not be issued due to rain-outs.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, casual clothing depending on the time of year. Closed toed shoes are required (tennis shoes are recommended). Sandals, flip-flops and heels are not permitted.
For this experience we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. If you need to reschedule, you have up until 30 days prior to your reservation to make changes for a $50 administrative fee. Once you are within 30 days of the event, you are then locked in to that date and time and no changes can be made.
What is the age requirement?
There is no age limit to ride, however for safety reasons a minimum height of 5'0" and a weight of 100 pounds is required. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must give written consent.
Are there any physical requirements or restrictions?
Participants must be in good physical condition, be between 5' - 6'7" tall, weigh between 100 - 280 lbs and able to climb through a 15'' x 30'' window, that sits 36'' off the ground (with minimal assistance).
Do I need a driver's license?
No, a driver's license is not required for the ride along. However, please have a valid photo ID handy for registration purposes at the track on the day of your experience.
What kind of cars will I be riding in?
Real Sprint Cup style race cars driven by the likes of Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Kevin Harvick, and Dale Jr. and other professional NASCAR drivers.
Can I pick the car I ride in?
No, due to maintaining the track operations schedule, the car for your ride along will be assigned to you based on availability at the time of your ride along. They also match up the best car for you based on your height and weight.
How long will this experience take?
The total experience typically takes no more than 2 hours. However, the exact length of your experience depends on how many other participants are scheduled for the stock car ride along on your particular booked date and time.
What is the policy on rain?
If your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, the racing school will contact you and either immediately reschedule you for another available date, or issue you a gift card that you can use to reschedule at a later date. A refund will not be issued due to rain-outs.
Other Raleigh Gift Ideas:(View all 28 Raleigh experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Ride Along - CharlotteAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $130
- Drive a NASCAR - CharlotteFrom: $499
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $135
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $62
- Land Rover Off-Road Lesson for 3 - Biltmore EstatesAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $293
- Land Rover Adventure for 3 - Biltmore EstatesFrom: $1,284
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- Indy Car Ride Along - CharlotteAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $130
- All Raleigh Experiences
"We were running behind because of traffic at the track, but found no problem after arriving."
"Would do it again in a heartbeat. Location was great, staff was very friendly and helpful. Had my safety as a top concern. Driver did a fantastic job of making my ride a treasured memory. Thanks for the NASCAR EXPERIENCE!!!!!"
"The whole experience from start to finish is very customer-friendly. The ride-along was great - just wish it was longer! Next time, I want to drive! "