America's Cup Sailing - Newport
Newport, Rhode Island
May through mid-October:
Click here for schedule
**2017 dates coming soon**
- This America's Cup 12 Meter Yacht is U.S. Coat Guard certified and meticulously maintained to reflect its prestigious America's Cup history
- Among the fastest mono-hull sailing vessels in the world
- 2-hour cruise combines the history of Newport, Rhode Island with the unparalleled experience of sailing on an America's Cup contender
Not your typical harbor cruise - this cruise combines the history of Newport, Rhode Island with the world-class experience of sailing on an America's Cup contender. Explore historic area sights including Fort Adams, the Newport Bridge, lighthouses, lavish estates, aircraft carriers, historic schooners, and learn the history of the America's Cup in Newport.
Choose to participate in the sailing alongside the captain and crew or just sit back and enjoy the beautiful sights. No sailing experience is required to partake in the thrill of sailing on these America's Cup 12 Meter Yachts.
Enjoy the scenic views of Narragansett Bay on this fun and unique sailing experience!
Crew gratuity is not included, but appreciated.
Guests should be in good physical condition and be able to embark and disembark the vessel to participate.
Up to 15 guests per boat.
This experience is only for those on the cruise.
Sails depart rain or shine unless dangerous conditions exist and the captain deems the conditions to be unsafe for sailing. If the experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will be able to reschedule to another date. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear tennis shoes or boat shoes and bring a windbreaker or sweatshirt for comfort.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no cancellations are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 1 week prior to your booked date. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 1 week prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Can I assist the crew with sailing the boat?
Yes! You'll have the option to assist the captain and crew with sailing this amazing vessel. Alternatively, if you'd rather sit back and relax you're certainly free to do just that. It's up to you!
Other Rhode Island Gift Ideas:(View all 16 Rhode Island experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Newport Cocktail SailAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $64
- Newport Sunset SailAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $82
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $314
- Helicopter Sunset TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $325
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $149
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $199
- Private Blacksmithing Experience for TwoFrom: $200
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA Pro - CranstonAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $120
- All Rhode Island Experiences
"My husband and I were given the gift of a 2-hour sail on a 12-meter yacht in Newport, RI. The booking experience was excellent -- very clear and concise. We were met at the stated time and place on the day of our sail by a very friendly representative, Meredith, who saw us safely onto the launch, then met us at the dock on our return. The sail itself was incredible. We sailed on Heritage, with Captain Duncan and crew (Tom and Chrissy). They were all friendly and helpful, and the captain pointed out areas of interest on shore and offered up some local history as well as history of 12-meter racing and our specific boat. We were encouraged to help with hoisting sails if we wanted to participate, and several people took a turn at the helm under Duncan's watchful eye. The sail was a full 2 hours, in awesome conditions. All in all it was a fantastic experience!"
"We have been on 2 adventures with Cloud 9 and both have been wonderful. We have had a lot of fun and done things we would never have thought of doing. Thanks!"
"Had a great time!"