Race an America's Cup Yacht - Newport
Newport, Rhode Island
2016 Select Dates:
July 17 - 3:00 PM
August 28 - 3:00 PM
September 18 - 3:00 PM
Race head-to-head against another America's Cup contender and feel the thrill of racing through Newport Harbor!
- Friendly and experienced crew members will coach you through racing maneuvers and sailing techniques
- Race two legs against a second America's Cup yacht with a "rabbit" start
- No sailing experience necessary
- Passengers are welcome to join in or sit back and take in the beautiful views of Newport Harbor!
Experience the thrill of sailing an America's Cup contender when you compete in a race in Newport Harbor!
Climb aboard one of the 70-foot racing contenders and get ready to set sail! Captain and crew will explain safety instructions, tell the group about the history of the boat and coach the team through various racing maneuvers!
You'll race two legs against a second America's Cup yacht contender and begin by rabbit start. Captain and crew will use the main sail and jib sail while racing. Passengers are encouraged to make this a "hands on" experience, however you're welcome to sit back and take in the incredible views of Newport on the 3-hour experience.
Spend an afternoon seeing what it takes to race competitively in one of the world's most prestigious sailing competitions when you Race an America's Cup Yacht in Newport!
- Participants must be at least 4 years old and if under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- All participants must sign a liability waiver
- Sailing experience is not necessary and passengers are not required to participate
- Guests should be in good overall physical condition and be able to embark and disembark the vessel
- This experience is not recommended for pregnant women
The racing yacht can accommodate up to 15 guests, so you may be accompanied by other passengers.
This experience is only for those on the racing yacht.
Sails will depart rain or shine unless dangerous conditions exist and the captain deems the conditions to be unsafe for sailing. If the experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will be able to reschedule to another date. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear tennis shoes or boat shoes and bring a windbreaker or sweatshirt for comfort.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no cancellations are allowed, however, rescheduling is allowed up to 7 days prior to your booked date. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 7 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What is the boat like?
This racing experience takes place aboard an America's Cup racing yacht. The yacht is 70-feet long and has competed in the America's Cup.
Do I need sailing experience?
No sailing experience is necessary for this experience.
Do I have to help with the racing part of this experience?
No, passengers are not required to help. This experience can be incredibly hands-on, or you can sit back and enjoy the ride!
Is there a restroom on board?
Yes, there is a head or nautical restroom on board.
Are food and drinks permitted on board?
Yes, passengers may bring food and beverages on board. Red wine and foods that may stain the yacht are not allowed.
Can I bring alcohol on board?
Yes, however red wine and liquor are not allowed on board. Glass is not permitted.
Will I get wet?
Wind and various weather conditions may cause water to spray on deck during this race.
Other Rhode Island Gift Ideas:(View all 15 Rhode Island experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Newport Cocktail SailAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $64
- Newport Sunset SailAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $82
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $314
- Helicopter Sunset TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $325
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $149
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $199
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $120
- Morning Mimosa Sail in NewportAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- All Rhode Island Experiences