Accelerated Free Fall
Dinwidde County Airport, Petersburg, VA
Saturdays & Sundays - 9:00 AM
- All instructors are certified by the United States Parachute Association
- Drop zone owner is the Director of Safety and Training for the U.S. Parachute Association
- Ground school teaches you how to exit the airplane, freefall body position, and how to fly and land the parachute
- 13,000 feet, 60 seconds of freefall, 120mph! No experience necessary!
Imagine jumping from an airplane flying 14,000 feet above the ground and soaring through the air at 120 MPH!
After nearly 60 seconds of free fall, you will deploy your parachute at 5,000 feet, and glide to the landing area on a solo parachute descent! Of course, there is some training that takes place to get you ready for this incredible jump!
How it Works:
Your day begins with a 4-6 hour ground training lesson. During this course you will learn how to exit the airplane, practice correct freefall body position and learn how to fly and land the parachute.
Provided the schedule, weather and aircraft are cooperating we get you up for your skydive on the same day as your ground training.
There will be two instructors with you in freefall who will assist you from the exit of the airplane until you open the parachute 60 seconds later.
Once the parachute is open the instructors continue in freefall a bit lower while you begin flying the parachute towards the landing area.
Your canopy flight is backed by radio assistance in the event you need any guidance!
Take pride in knowing you have accomplished what less than 1% of the world has ever done!
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age and in good physical condition
- Weight limit of 200 pounds; women weighing up to 230 pounds and men weighing up to 250 pounds may be able to jump for an additional fee of $20.00 - $40.00
- A DVD is available on the day of your jump for an additional cost
- 2 instructors will assist you during free fall, from the time you exit the airplane until you open the parachute 60 seconds later
- No experience necessary
Full Day. 8:30am arrival through till sunset.
1 per jump
Allowed, you can watch the jumpers prepare for their jump, board the plane and soar through the sky.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothes that are appropriate for the time of year. Sweat shirts and sweat pants work best for colder weather and shorts and t-shirts are good for summer. A good pair of tennis shoes work best for foot protection.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations made at least 7 days prior to the Experience will result in a cancellation fee of $50. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 7 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is food available?
Food is available in town, a few miles from the drop zone. You can always bring a picnic lunch and plan to enjoy the time while you are waiting for your jump or chilling out after you have landed.
How long is the ground training before the jump?
The ground training takes anywhere from 4 to 6 hours to complete.
What do you learn in the ground school?
During the course you will learn how to exit the airplane, practice correct freefall body position and learn how to fly and land the parachute.
What happens in the air?
There will be two instructors with you in freefall who will assist you from the exit of the airplane until you open the parachute 60 seconds later. Once the parachute is open the instructors continue in freefall a bit lower while you begin flying the parachute towards the landing area. Your canopy flight is backed by radio assistance in the event you need any guidance.
Other Richmond Gift Ideas:(View all 35 Richmond experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a WWII BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $250
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $100
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $355
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $58
- Indy Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $100
- Drive an Indy CarAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $355
- Norfolk Dinner CruiseFrom: $94
- Norfolk Lunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $60
- Richmond Walking Food TourAvg Rating of: 3-half(2)From: $60
- All Richmond Experiences