NASCAR Ride Along - Richmond
Richmond International Raceway - Richmond, VA
Select dates only:
Click here for tentative schedule
- Ride as a passenger in an authentic, full size, race-ready stock car - the same type of car you see NASCAR professionals racing in on Sundays
- Race with a professional instructor and reach top speeds of 110 MPH!
- To Actually Drive The Car Yourself, check out our Drive a Stock Car in Richmond experience!
It's time to strap on your helmet and buckle up for your high-speed adventure on a real NASCAR Speedway!
Your expert instructor will take you on the ride of your life as you hit real racing speeds up to 110 MPH in a 500 HP Sprint Cup style stock car!
Richmond International Raceway
Known as Americas Premier Short Track, Richmond International Raceway hosts two NASCAR doubleheader weekends annually, featuring the Sprint Cup Series and Nationwide Series. This 0.75-mile, D-shaped, oval track has 14 degree turns, a 1,290-foot front stretch and an 860-foot back stretch.Check it out for yourself and let the adrenaline rush begin!
- Participants must be in good overall physical condition, no taller than 6'7" and weigh no more than 280 pounds
- There is no age limit to ride, however for safety reasons it is required that participants are a minimum height of 5'0" and a weigh at least 100 lbs
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must give written consent
- Feel free to bring snacks and drinks to enjoy while you are at the track
- Some seating is provided, however, it is recommended to bring lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators
3 or 6 lap packages; time at the track is approximately 2 - 3 hours
1 per car
We encourage friends and family to join you, and they may bring a camera to capture your experience! Limited seating is provided, so we recommend bringing lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact your experience provider in advance, especially if inclement weather is predicted! If inclement weather causes cancellation of your experience, you will be given the option to reschedule for another available date or be issued a gift card that you can use at a later date; both of these options will be carried out directly with the racing school. A refund will not be issued due to rain-outs.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, casual clothing depending on the time of year. Closed toed shoes are required (tennis shoes are recommended). Sandals, flip-flops and heels are not permitted.
For this experience we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. If you need to reschedule, you have up until 30 days prior to your reservation to make changes for a $50 administrative fee. Once you are within 30 days of the event, you are then locked in to that date and time and no changes can be made.
What is the age requirement?
There is no age limit to ride, however for safety reasons a minimum height of 5'0" and a weight of 100 pounds is required. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must give written consent.
Are there any physical requirements or restrictions?
Participants must be in good physical condition, be between 5' - 6'7" tall, weigh between 100 - 280 lbs and able to climb through a 15'' x 30'' window, that sits 36'' off the ground (with minimal assistance).
Do I need a driver's license?
No, a driver's license is not required for the ride along. However, please have a valid photo ID handy for registration purposes at the track on the day of your experience.
What kind of cars will I be riding in?
Real Sprint Cup style race cars driven by the likes of Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Kevin Harvick, and Dale Jr. and other professional NASCAR drivers.
Can I pick the car I ride in?
No, due to maintaining the track operations schedule, the car for your ride along will be assigned to you based on availability at the time of your ride along. They also match up the best car for you based on your height and weight.
How long will this experience take?
The total experience typically takes no more than 2 hours. However, the exact length of your experience depends on how many other participants are scheduled for the stock car ride along on your particular booked date and time.
What is the policy on rain?
If your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, the racing school will contact you and either immediately reschedule you for another available date, or issue you a gift card that you can use to reschedule at a later date. A refund will not be issued due to rain-outs.
Other Richmond Gift Ideas:(View all 31 Richmond experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $130
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $499
- Indy Car Ride AlongFrom: $130
- Drive an Indy CarAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $499
- Richmond Walking Food TourAvg Rating of: 3-half(2)From: $60
- Carytown Food and History TourFrom: $53
- Whitewater RaftingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $80
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- Williamsburg Winery TourFrom: $99
- All Richmond Experiences
"The experience was amazing but for 140 dollars I think it should have come with a photo or something to remember the experience by. The driver just took off and there was no time to get photos and it ended so quickly but overall it was a good experience. I just wish sonmething would have come with it to remember it by. "
"Raced right through check in to the experience. Everyone was great. "
"My NASCAR ride-along was, by far, the best experience I've ever had while riding shotgun. I didn't want to blink because it was so much fun. "