NASCAR Ride Along - Richmond
Richmond International Raceway - Richmond, VA
Select Dates Only:
- Ride as a passenger in full-size, Sprint Cup stock car just like the ones raced by NASCAR legends such as Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, and Dale Jr.
- Race with a professional racecar driving instructor and reach top speeds of 110 MPH!
- To Actually Drive The Car Yourself, check out our Drive a Stock Car in Richmond experience!
Get ready for the thrill of your life, as you speed around the Richmond International Raceway in a real NASCAR stock car with the NASCAR Ride Along experience!
Your expert driving instructor will whip you around the track at top racing speeds up to 110 MPH in a 500 horsepower Sprint Cup style stock car. Hold on to your helmet- you're in the a fast ride!
Bring your family and friends, and get closer to the racing action than ever before!
About the Richmond International Raceway
Known as America's Premier Short Track, the Richmond International Raceway hosts two NASCAR doubleheader weekends annually, featuring the Sprint Cup Series and NAtionwide Series. This 0.75-mile, D-shaped, oval track has 14 degree turns, a 1,290-foot front stretch, and an 860-foot back stretch. Get ready to experience NASCAR racing from the best seat in the house!
- Participants must be in good overall physical condition, no taller than 6'7" and weigh no more than 280 pounds
- There is no age limit to ride, however for safety reasons it is required that participants are a minimum height of 5'0" and a weigh at least 100 lbs
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must give written consent
- Feel free to bring snacks and drinks to enjoy while you are at the track
- Some seating is provided, however, it is recommended to bring lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators
3 or 6 lap packages; time at the track is approximately 2 - 3 hours
1 per car
We encourage friends and family to join you, and they may bring a camera to capture your experience! Limited seating is provided, so we recommend bringing lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact your experience provider in advance, especially if inclement weather is predicted! If inclement weather causes cancellation of your experience, you will be given the option to reschedule for another available date or be issued a gift card that you can use at a later date; both of these options will be carried out directly with the racing school. A refund will not be issued due to rain-outs.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, casual clothing depending on the time of year. Closed toed shoes are required (tennis shoes are recommended). Sandals, flip-flops and heels are not permitted.
For this experience we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. If you need to reschedule, you have up until 30 days prior to your reservation to make changes for a $50 administrative fee. Once you are within 30 days of the event, you are then locked in to that date and time and no changes can be made.
What is the age requirement?
There is no age limit to ride, however for safety reasons a minimum height of 5'0" and a weight of 100 pounds is required. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must give written consent.
Are there any physical requirements or restrictions?
Participants must be in good physical condition, be between 5' - 6'7" tall, weigh between 100 - 280 lbs and able to climb through a 15'' x 30'' window, that sits 36'' off the ground (with minimal assistance).
Do I need a driver's license?
No, a driver's license is not required for the ride along. However, please have a valid photo ID handy for registration purposes at the track on the day of your experience.
What kind of cars will I be riding in?
Real Sprint Cup style race cars driven by the likes of Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Kevin Harvick, and Dale Jr. and other professional NASCAR drivers.
Can I pick the car I ride in?
No, due to maintaining the track operations schedule, the car for your ride along will be assigned to you based on availability at the time of your ride along. They also match up the best car for you based on your height and weight.
How long will this experience take?
The total experience typically takes no more than 2 hours. However, the exact length of your experience depends on how many other participants are scheduled for the stock car ride along on your particular booked date and time.
What is the policy on rain?
If your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, the racing school will contact you and either immediately reschedule you for another available date, or issue you a gift card that you can use to reschedule at a later date. A refund will not be issued due to rain-outs.
Other Richmond Gift Ideas:(View all 35 Richmond experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a WWII BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $250
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $100
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $355
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $58
- Indy Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $100
- Drive an Indy CarAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $355
- Norfolk Dinner CruiseFrom: $94
- Norfolk Lunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $60
- Richmond Walking Food TourAvg Rating of: 3-half(2)From: $60
- All Richmond Experiences
"The experience was amazing but for 140 dollars I think it should have come with a photo or something to remember the experience by. The driver just took off and there was no time to get photos and it ended so quickly but overall it was a good experience. I just wish sonmething would have come with it to remember it by. "
"Raced right through check in to the experience. Everyone was great. "
"My NASCAR ride-along was, by far, the best experience I've ever had while riding shotgun. I didn't want to blink because it was so much fun. "