Hot Air Balloon Ride
Rancho Murieta, CA
Mid-February through Mid-November:
Daily - Sunrise
- Embrace the peace and serenity as you float effortlessly thousands of feet in the air
- Friendly FAA certified commercial pilots with a passion for flight will guide the balloon from takeoff to landing
- Your provider has been in business, with a perfect safety record, since 2005
- Traditional champagne/sparkling cider celebration upon landing
- For a romantic flight for two, check out our Private Hot Air Balloon Ride!
Picture yourself drifting over the beautiful California landscape with nothing but the occasional blast of the burners to disturb the peace.
You will rise gently above the earth in the basket of a beautiful hot air balloon, flown by a highly experienced FAA certified pilot.
The friendly and courteous staff will take great joy in sharing this unique adventure with you. You will enjoy a traditional champagne/sparkling cider celebration upon landing.
Become one of the few to enjoy the majestic beauty of a hot air balloon. The views are breathtaking and the memories long-lasting on this experience of a lifetime!
- Participants must be at least 5 years old and those under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian sign a participation waiver
- Individual weight must not exceed 200 pounds and the combined weight per couple may not exceed 380 pounds
- Food and drink is not allowed in the balloons
3-4 hours total, with approximately 1 hour of flight time.
Each balloon will hold 4-7 participants.
Friends and family may are welcome to watch the balloon set up, flight, and landing. They may also follow the balloon in their own car.
This flight is weather dependent. Due to winds and concern for passengers, your experience provider may occasionally shorten a flight or even cancel a flight the morning of. We ask that you be understanding of losing a few minutes of flight time or having to come back on another day. Your pilot does not like to cancel but will not risk having an unsafe flight to avoid disappointing you. It is better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than to be in the air wishing you were on the ground! Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress for temperatures on the ground as it is always warmer in the air. Hats are recommended due to the heat of the burners.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 1 month in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 5 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 5 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider. Being late will result in the loss of your flight.
How do balloons fly?
As air inside the balloon is heated past the temperature of its ambient surroundings, it gains altitude. As the air inside the envelope cools or is vented, it descends. Pilots use wind layers at different altitudes to move the balloon from one direction to another.
How are balloons inflated?
Once the balloon envelope (fabric) is laid out, a fan forces unheated air through the balloon's mouth, filling the fabric enough for the pilot to light the balloon's burners. The balloon is then stood-up by igniting the burners and heating the air inside.
How high do balloons fly?
Typical flights are from treetop to a few thousand feet, depending on winds and direction. The record hot air balloon flight went to an altitude of 22,000 feet!
Can I bring my camera?
Of course! Participants are encouraged to bring their camera in the basket as they enjoy their ride.
Other Sacramento Gift Ideas:(View all 25 Sacramento experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a PlaneAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $150
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $350
- Sonoma Valley Scenic Biplane RideAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $175
- Zipline AdventureAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $90
- Zipline and Moaning Cavern AdventureAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $175
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Sacramento Walking Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $75
- Origins of Sacramento Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $72
- Moaning Cavern Caving AdventureAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $130
- All Sacramento Experiences