Daily - 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Learn from an experienced, Certified FAA Flight Instructor
- Start with 30 minutes of ground school and a pre-flight check of the aircraft
- Learn how the helicopter flies, what each control does and how to read gauges prior to flying
- Take control of the helicopter mid-air and practice skills that may include straight and level flying, climbing, descending, and hovering
- Fly high above the Sierra Foothills!
Discover the thrill of flying when you Learn to Fly a Helicopter above the beautiful Sierra Foothills and the gorgeous surrounding countryside!
After meeting your FAA Certified Flight Instructor, you'll have 30 minutes of ground school that will cover how the helicopter flies, what each control does, how to read the gauges, what to look for in conducting the pre-flight inspection and making sure the helicopter is safe to fly. Next, you'll climb into the Robinson R-44 Helicopter and take to the air!
Your instructor will handle take-off and landing of the helicopter, but you'll have the opportunity to handle the controls for a majority of the 30 or 60 minute flight. Practice maneuvers that may include straight and level flying, climbing, descending and hovering.
During your flight lesson, you'll get to take in aerial views of the Sierra Foothills, the Ridge Golf Club, Rock Creek Lake, Black Oak Golf Course and more!
Man the controls of one of the most popular training aircraft in the world when you Learn to Fly a Helicopter near Sacramento!
- The individual weight of the student and/or passenger must not exceed 280 pounds
- Valid government issued photo ID is required
- Participants must be 16 years or older
- Parental consent form must be signed for students under 18 years old
- Headsets with a two-way communication system are provided
- No experience necessary
The duration of this experience is dependent on the option selected. Participants can expect to be at the airport for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes for the 30-minute flight option and 1.5 hours for the 60-minute flight option.
This experience for 1 student and up to 1 passenger, depending on the option selected.
Spectators are welcome to observe take-off and landing from a viewing area located at the heliport.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions, flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply.Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your flight is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule directly with your experience provider.
What type of helicopter will the lesson take place in?
This flight lesson will take place in a Robinson R-44 helicopter, one of the most popular training aircraft in the world.
Are there any age, height or weight requirements?
Yes, participants must be at least 16 years of age with a valid form of ID. There are no height requirements. The weight of each individual students and/or passenger may not exceed 280 pounds.
Do I need any flying experience?
No flying experience is necessary! This is considered an introductory flight lesson.
What if the weather is bad?
If your flight is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with your pilot. Once your flight is booked, always contact your experience provider with questions regarding weather conditions.
Other Sacramento Gift Ideas:(View all 25 Sacramento experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a PlaneAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $150
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $350
- Zipline AdventureAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $90
- Zipline and Moaning Cavern AdventureAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $175
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Sacramento Walking Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $65
- Origins of Sacramento Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $62
- Moaning Cavern Caving AdventureAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $130
- Mammoth Cave AdventureFrom: $99
- All Sacramento Experiences
"This was a wonderful experience for my husband to be able to fly a helicopter. It was his dream occupation, and to do this for an hour for his birthday was fantastic. From start to finish, this experience was more than he could have asked. The instructor/pilot was knowledgeable, friendly, patient, and provided a once-in-a-lifetime experience for my husband. This was one of the best days of his life -- and mine too, watching him experience this. I would definitely recommend this to a friend/family member."