Daily - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending instructor availability
- An experienced FAA Certified Flight Instructor will teach you the basics of flying
- Begin with a pre-flight inspection of the aircraft and ground school before taking off
- Once airborne, take the controls and fly for approximately 45 minutes
- No flying experience necessary
- Enjoy aerial views of downtown Sacramento and the surrounding California countryside!
Discover the art of flying on this introductory flight lesson with the help of an FAA Certified Flight Instructor by your side!
You'll begin with a pre-flight inspection of the aircraft followed by ground school where you'll learn the basics of flying a plane.
Once airborne, your pilot will hand over the controls and let you fly for approximately 45 minutes. Take in fantastic aerial of downtown Sacramento and the surrounding area when you Learn to Fly!
- Participants must present a valid, government issued ID upon arrival
- This flight will take place in either a Cessna or Cirrus aircraft, depending on availability
- No experience necessary
- Maximum weight per person is 300 pounds
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
You can expect to be at the airport for approximately 75 minutes with 45 minutes of flight time.
This is experience is for 1 participant only.
Spectators are allowed to watch the take-off and landing from the airport.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event that your flight is cancelled, the pilot will work with you directly to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions and closed-toe shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hour prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with your pilot.
Do I need any flying experience?
No, this Learn to Fly experience is considered an introductory flight lesson. You will have an FAA Certified Flight Instructor coaching you throughout the flight.
How long with we fly?
Flight time from engine start to engine stop is approximately 45 minutes.
What happens if the weather is bad?
Safety is the biggest priority. If your flight is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule directly with your flight instructor.
In what type of plane will I fly?
The flight will take place in either a Cessna or Cirrus aircraft, depending on availability.
Other Sacramento Gift Ideas:(View all 26 Sacramento experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a PlaneAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $150
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $350
- Sonoma Valley Scenic Biplane RideAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $175
- Zipline AdventureAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $90
- Zipline and Moaning Cavern AdventureAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $175
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Sacramento Walking Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $75
- Origins of Sacramento Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $72
- Moaning Cavern Caving AdventureAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $130
- All Sacramento Experiences
"Most exciting experience ever! Loved it!!"
"Everyone connected with this experience was very helpful and pleasant. I had to reschedule and there was no problem. Rich Gross was the flight instructor and he spent extra time explaining all the controls and procedures. All in all it was a great flight. If anyone would like to get the feel of flying a plane yourself, this is the place to go."
"My 12-year-old son absolutely loved his Learn to Fly experience. I had no idea that he would be able to take off and land multiple times, the pilot even taught him how to handle emergency situations; Steve really let my son feel he was in control. It has totally ignited a love for flying in my son, who now wants to continue on and get his pilot's license. "