Live Aboard Cruising
- 3 day course, aboard a J/120 or similar sailboat
- Your U.S. Sailing Certified School has been providing sailing instruction for over 27 years
- Maximum of 4 sailors per class, ensuring personal instruction
- Course designed for sailors comfortable sailing an auxiliary powered sailboat with a knowledge of sailing, seamanship, basic navigation, and boat handling
This class is for the more advanced sailor. If you are moving up to a larger boat, interested in the shipboard life of passage-making and adventure sailing, or if you are wanting to bareboat charter, this course is for you.
During your three days aboard a J/120 or similar sailboat you will gain the confidence you need for offshore cruising and/or coastal cruising. We create our float as a group on the first day, taking into consideration our goals and current weather conditions.
Through this course, you will learn skills including:
- Advanced sail trim
- Advanced and electronic navigation
- Passage planning
- Weather analysis
- Night sailing
- Offshore safety gear
- Heavy weather tactics
- Seamanship skills
The ability to comfortably sail an auxiliary powered sail boat is required, as well as knowledge of sailing, seamanship, basic navigation, and boat handling. In order to obtain certifications you must already have the US Sailing Basic Keelboat Certification and a current US Sailing membership. We include one certification with each course.
3 days and 2 nights: Friday-Sunday
Up to 4 sailors per boat
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear layered clothing, bring rain gear, and wear light soled shoes. In addition, it is recommended to bring a hat, sunglasses and sailing gloves.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 30 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 30 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 30 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Why should I buy this experience from Cloud 9 Living?
Customers sometimes ask why they should buy an experience gift from Cloud 9 Living, rather than directly from the experience provider or another company. The answer is simple - WE DO GIFTING RIGHT!
No Risk, No Worries - Gift giving is meant to be fun, not stressful. That's why we've come up with flexible policies like free exchanges, and 30 day refunds.
Best in Class - We vet all our experience providers to ensure your gift recipient is in great hands. We check their years in business, awards, certifications, safety record, and constantly monitor customer reviews. Rest assured, they're AWESOME!
Exchanges - With over 1,800 experiences nationwide, we've got something for everyone. So if your gift recipient decides they'd like to exchange the experience you gave them for another of our 1,800+ amazing experiences - no problem!
Looking to book this experience when you purchase?
No need, give the perfect gift and let them choose their date. If you'd like to buy and book, simply give us a call at (866) 525-6839.
Other Sacramento Gift Ideas:(View all 29 Sacramento experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Zipline AdventureFrom: $105Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Sacramento Walking Food TourFrom: $79Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Origins of Sacramento Food TourFrom: $79Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Moaning Cavern Caving AdventureFrom: $155Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Mammoth Cave AdventureFrom: $119
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $255
- Private Hot Air Balloon Ride For 2From: $680
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- All Sacramento Experiences