- Your U.S. Sailing Certified School has been providing sailing instruction for over 27 years
- Instructors are national champions, America's Cup team members & offshore racing veterans
- Max crew of 4 per boat ensures personal instruction
- Provides you a comprehensive understanding of what it takes to get a boat around a course quickly
Learn crucial skills necessary to progress your racing performance; including spinnaker and sail handling, crew communication, workflow analysis, mark roundings, and boat handling drills. Your coaches are experts on building competitive team members, and competitive teams.
A maximum crew of four per boat ensures you will stay busy, and since we rotate each team member through all the positions, you walk away with a comprehensive understanding of what it takes to get a boat around a course quickly.
Through your course, you will learn:
- Advanced Sail Trim
- Rig Tuning
- Asymmetrical Spinnakers
- Symmetrical Spinnakers
- Mark Roundings
- Boathandling Drills
- Shifting Gears
- Onboard Communication
- Tactical Theory
- Strategic concerns
- Hydrodynamic/Aerodynamic Relationships
For this course, you must have completed a basic sailing course or feel comfortable sailing a small keel boat on your own.
2 days: 8 hours each day
Up to 4 sailors per class
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear layered clothing, bring rain gear, and wear light soled shoes. In addition, it is recommended to bring a hat, sunglasses and sailing gloves.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 30 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 30 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 30 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Why should I buy this experience from Cloud 9 Living?
Customers sometimes ask why they should buy an experience gift from Cloud 9 Living, rather than directly from the experience provider or another company. The answer is simple - WE DO GIFTING RIGHT!
No Risk, No Worries - Gift giving is meant to be fun, not stressful. That's why we've come up with flexible policies like free exchanges, and 30 day refunds.
Best in Class - We vet all our experience providers to ensure your gift recipient is in great hands. We check their years in business, awards, certifications, safety record, and constantly monitor customer reviews. Rest assured, they're AWESOME!
Exchanges - With over 1,800 experiences nationwide, we've got something for everyone. So if your gift recipient decides they'd like to exchange the experience you gave them for another of our 1,800+ amazing experiences - no problem!
Looking to book this experience when you purchase?
No need, give the perfect gift and let them choose their date. If you'd like to buy and book, simply give us a call at (866) 525-6839.
Other Sacramento Gift Ideas:(View all 30 Sacramento experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Zipline AdventureFrom: $105Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Sacramento Walking Food TourFrom: $79Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Origins of Sacramento Food TourFrom: $79Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Moaning Cavern Caving AdventureFrom: $155Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Mammoth Cave AdventureFrom: $119
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $255
- Private Hot Air Balloon Ride For 2From: $680
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- All Sacramento Experiences