Monday through Friday - 11:00 AM
Saturdays and Sundays -9:30 AM and 11:00 AM
- Experienced tour providers have been leading tours since 1977
- You'll descend into a cavern chamber big enough to hold the Statue of Liberty
- Hit speeds up to 40 MPH on the quarter mile zipline
- Perfect for adventure seekers looking to get out and explore more of beautiful California with two amazing experiences!
The Zipline and Moaning Cavern Tour, blends two exciting experiences into one thrilling day of adventure!
You'll begin your day with the caving excursion where you'll descend 165-feet by rappel into the enormous main chamber of Moaning Cavern.
The well known natural wonder is the largest single chamber public cavern in California and was opened for guided exploration tours nearly 30 years ago.
After the initial rappel, you'll spend one to two hours exploring the deeper chambers and passages of the cave. Your spelunking skills will be challenged as you daringly navigate the chambers by climbing and crawling with only the lighting from your helmet and the help of your experienced guide.
Once you've successfully maneuvered through the cave, you'll make your way to the second portion of the experience - the zipline adventure!
You'll cross the 60-foot long sky bridge and get fitted in a full-body climbing harness that connects to the quarter-mile cable.
After a brave step off the platform, you'll soar high above the trees and hiking trails and reach speeds up to 40 MPH.
Enjoy a natural wonder of California and then zip through the air in style on the Zipline and Moaning Cavern Adventure!
- Participants must be at least 12 yrs old, 4 ft tall and weigh between 100 - 260 lbs
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult and all participants must sign a waiver
- Participants must be in good physical condition and able to rappel down a 165-foot drop into the main chamber of the cavern
- Crawling, squatting and sitting for extended periods of time may be required
- Experience is not recommended for those with heart or lung conditions, pregnant women, or those with impaired mobility
- To experience both activities in a day, you must start with the Moaning Cavern Tour and then enjoy the Zipline Adventiure
- Temperature of the cave is 59 degrees
- Hard-hat with light and gloves are provided
- Food and drinks are prohibited inside the cavern, however there are picnic tables available to enjoy a packed lunch or snack after the tour
8 participants plus guide per cavern tour and no maximum participants for the zipline.
This experience is for participants only.
The zipline experience is weather dependent. The Moaning Cavern portion of this experience is not weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
All necessary caving equipment is provided, including gloves and a helmet with a light. Wear a long sleeve shirt, rugged, loose fitting pants avoid clothes that absorb water and sturdy shoes that have traction soles. It's recommended that participants do not bring expensive cameras or valuable jewelry. Disposable cameras are best.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7-14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, you may reschedule your experience up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Are there any age restrictions for either experience?
There are no age restrictions for the zipline portion of this experience. The minimum age to go into Moaning Cavern is 12 years old and a parent must be present.
Are there any weight restrictions for either of the experiences?
To participate in both experiences, participants must be in good health, 12 years of age, 4' tall and weigh between 100 and 260 pounds.
Can I bring food or drinks into the cave with me?
In a conservation effort, food and drinks are not allowed inside the Moaning Cavern. Please enjoy your lunch at the picnic tables or other designated areas.
Can I purchase any snacks or drinks?
Yes, there is a gift shop where you can purchase snacks, drinks and souvenirs.
What is the temperature in the cave?
The underground temperature is 61 degrees Fahrenheit year round.
Is equipment provided?
Yes, all necessary safety equipment will be provided for both experiences.
Do I need any experience?
No experience is necessary. Your skilled guides will instruct you on how to safely zipline, rappel and navigate your way through the cave.
When is the best time of year to go?
This experience is available year round. The less crowded months are typically fall and winter.
Other Sacramento Gift Ideas:(View all 26 Sacramento experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a PlaneAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $150
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $350
- Sonoma Valley Scenic Biplane RideAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $175
- Zipline AdventureAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $90
- Zipline and Moaning Cavern AdventureAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $175
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Sacramento Walking Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $75
- Origins of Sacramento Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $72
- Moaning Cavern Caving AdventureAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $130
- All Sacramento Experiences
"It was amazing! The zipline was a little short, but really fun. The repelling was scary, but amazing! The cavern was beautiful and repelling into it was a wonderful experience. The spelunking was super-fun. Our guide was fun and helpful. We would love to do it all again."