Skypark Airport - Bountiful, UT
Monday through Saturday - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
Hop into the cockpit, take over the controls and soar through the skies as you Learn to Fly near Salt Lake City!
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor will teach you the basics of flying prior to take-off
- Begin with a pre-flight inspection and ground school before taking to the air
- Learn to fly with an instructor for 30 or 60 minutes and bring up to 2 passengers along for the ride
- Feel the thrill of flying in a Cessna 172, the most popular training aircraft in the world!
Discover the thrill of flying when you Learn to Fly a Cessna 172 near beautiful Salt Lake City!
After meeting your instructor you'll begin with a pre-flight inspection of the aircraft. Learn the basic controls and how to properly maneuver the plane prior to flight.
You'll taxi to the runway and prepare for take-off. Once airborne, you'll take control of the aircraft and do most of the flying. Choose between 30 or 60 minutes of flight.
Take in spectacular views of the Salt Lake valley when you Learn to Fly a Cessna 172!
- Student and passengers must be at least 16 years old with a valid ID
- Total weight of student and passengers may not exceed 400 pounds
- No experience necessary
Participants can expect to be at the airport for approximately 1 hour for the 30 minute flight option and 1 1/2 hours for the 1 hour flight option.
1 student and up to 2 passengers, pending weight restrictions
Spectators are welcome to take photos at the airport and view the take-off and landing
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Closed-toe shoes and sunglasses are highly recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed with at least 72 hours notice. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule within 72 hours will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Are there any weight restrictions?
Yes, the combined weight of the student and up to 2 passengers cannot exceed 400 pounds.
Are there any age restrictions?
No, however anyone under the age of 18 must have parental consent.
Do I need any flying experience?
No experience is necessary. This is considered an introductory flight lesson.
What is the plane like?
This Learn to Fly experience will take place in a Cessna 172, one of the most popular training aircraft in the world. There is enough room for the Certified Flight Instructor, 1 student and up to 2 passengers pending weight restrictions.
What happens if the weather is bad?
Safety is the top priority. In the event there is inclement weather, you will work directly with your flight instructor to reschedule. Always contact the experience provider on the day of your flight lesson with any questions regarding weather concerns.
Other Salt Lake City Gift Ideas:(View all 19 Salt Lake City experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $140
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $195
- Salt Lake City Scenic Helicopter FlightFrom: $355
- Ultimate Zipline Adventure TourFrom: $161
- Soldier Hollow Horseback RidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $89
- Learn to Fly a Piper ArrowAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $168
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $270
- Park City White Water RaftingFrom: $123
- All Salt Lake City Experiences
"Sean Richins was our pilot and made the experience awesome! He was very knowledgeable and made it fun! We had a fantastic experience! We would definitely do this again and will be telling everyone about it! A memory that will last forever!"
"I was given this experience by my wife for my birthday. I was very happy with the experience. The flight was awesome, and the instructor was fantastic. He was very calm and reassuring, knowledgeable, friendly, and well versed in instructing. It was so much fun flying. I would recommend this experience to anyone interested in flying a small plane. "
"I surprised my husband with this on our anniversary and he was floored with the experience! An awesome memory!"