Spanish Fork, UT
West Jordan, UT
St. George, UT
Monday through Saturday - 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Learn from experienced, FAA CertifiedFlight Instructors
- Start with a 15-minute awareness training, pre-flight check of the aircraft then spend approximately 30 minutes flying
- You'll practice skills that may include straight and level flight, climbing, descending, and hovering
- Fly in high elevation conditions near the Salt Lake City metro area and beautiful Wasatch Mountains!
Discover the thrill of flying when you Learn to Fly a Helicopter above Salt Lake City and the gorgeous surrounding landscapes!
After meeting your FAA CertifiedFlight Instructor, you'll head to a classroom setting for a brief awareness training. Next, you'll make your way to the helicopter and perform a pre-flight check of the aircraft. Then, climb into the Robinson Helicopter and take the air!
Your instructor will handle take-off and landing of the aircraft but you'll have the opportunity to handle the controls for a majority of the 30-minute flight. Practice maneuvers that may include straight and level flying, climbing, descending and hovering. The high elevation of the area offers ideal training conditions and spectacular views. Choose between a Robinson R-22 helicopter or an R-44 helicopter for more room!
Man the controls of one of the most popular training aircraft when you Learn to Fly a Helicopter near Salt Lake City!
- To fly in the R-22 helicopter the student must weigh no more than 200 pounds
- To fly in the R-44 helicopter, the student must weigh less than 280 pounds
- Photo ID is required
- Participants must be 16 years or older
- Parental consent form must be signed for students under 18 years old
- Headsets with a two-way communication system are provided
- No experience necessary
Approximately 15-30 minutes of pre-flight briefing and 30 minutes of flight time with a total experience duration near 75 minutes.
This flight is for 1 student only.
Spectators are welcome to observe take-off and landing from a viewing area located at the heliport.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply.Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience and may incur a fee of up to $55. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule directly with your experience provider.
Do I need experience?
No experience is necessary. This is considered an introductory flight lesson.
What should I bring with me?
Participants must bring a valid form of ID.
Are there any weight restrictions for this experience?
Weight restrictions do apply based on the option selected. For the R-22 option, the student must weigh no more that 220 pounds. For the R-44 option, the students weight may not exceed 280 pounds.
Are there any age restrictions?
Participants must be at least 16 years old. Students under the age of 18 will need parental consent.
Other Salt Lake City Gift Ideas:(View all 18 Salt Lake City experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $140
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $195
- Salt Lake City Scenic Helicopter FlightFrom: $355
- Soldier Hollow Horseback RidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $89
- Learn to Fly a Piper ArrowAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $168
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $270
- Park City White Water RaftingFrom: $123
- Mountain Biking Singletrack RideAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $123
- All Salt Lake City Experiences