Park City Snowcat Skiing
Thousand Peaks Ranch, just outside of Park City, UT
December - April:
Daily - 8:30 AM
- Access to more terrain than Deer Valley, Park City and the Canyons combined
- Your guides, Park City Powder Cats, have over 20 years experience providing safe and unforgettable skiing and snowboarding adventures
- Expect 8-12 epic runs, with a heated and comfortable snowcat waiting for you at the bottom of each run ready to take you right back up for another!
Prepare to experience the skiing or snowboarding adventure of a lifetime. Just imagine, you and a group of close friends riding together, alone on a ski resort larger than the size of Deer Valley, Park City and the Canyons combined!
Your guides, Park City Powder Cats, have the exclusive rights to 40,000 acres of the Thousand Peaks Ranch, a powder hound's wintertime dream. Their staff of professionally trained guides and cat drivers will take you on the backcountry skiing experience of a lifetime.
Each snowcat seats a max of 10 skiers or snowboarders, and only 2-3 snowcats operate per day with each cat operating in a separate area of terrain. That means with only 20-30 skiers/day on all this terrain, you are sure to find all the fresh tracks and solitude you crave.
Between runs, sit back and relax in a comfortably heated snowcat complete with snacks and refreshments. For lunch, you'll enjoy catered sandwiches, wraps, soups, tea and fresh baked goods.
Come play in the powder with a day of Snowcat skiing you'll never forget!
- To ensure you have a safe and enjoyable day and do not hinder the other skiers in your group, you must be an advanced skier or snowboarder
- You should be able to comfortably ski/ride most terrain types in variable conditions at resorts in the western US
- Participants must be at least 12 years of age and have their own powder skis or snowboard equipment
- Transportation to/from the Catskiing operation not included
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM. In a full day, depending on conditions, participants can expect to ski 8-12 runs.
There will be a max of 10 skiers or snowboarders per snowcat, with a total of 2-3 snowcats operating per day.
This experience is only for participating skiers and snowboarders.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Bring your own ski equipment, and dress as if they were skiing for day at the ski resort; however, all personal items should be kept to a minimum. Sunscreen, goggles, warm hat and a small camera are essential. Your guides will provide lunch, water, snacks, and an avalanche transceiver.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation any cancellations made 30 or more days prior to their scheduled date will incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost of the experience. Within 30 days of the scheduled date, no cancellations or rescheduling is allowed.
How many runs will I ski?
The number of runs you will ski throughout the day is dependent upon the conditions, the ability of the skiers in your group to keep up, and the pace of skiing. Typical groups can expect to ski between 8-12 runs per day.
How many skiers per snowcat?
There is a max of 10 skiers or snowboarders per snowcat, with 2-3 snowcats operating per day.
What is the terrain like?
This experience takes place on Thousand Peaks Ranch, with access to over 40,000 acres of terrain. That's an area larger than Vail, Aspen and Killington combined. The base of the snowcat operation is at 7,600 ft. elevation, and the terrain runs up to nearly 11,000 ft. elevation providing access to open bowls, steep chutes and some of the bet tree skiing in Utah.
What type of skier or boarder do I have to be?
You must be an advanced skier or boarder. You should be able to comfortably ski/ride most terrain types in variable conditions at resorts in the western U.S., including non-groomed terrain at a black diamond pitch.
Other Salt Lake City Gift Ideas:(View all 21 Salt Lake City experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $140
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $195
- Salt Lake City Scenic Helicopter FlightFrom: $355
- Ultimate Zipline Adventure TourFrom: $161
- Race a FerrariFrom: $399
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $399
- Soldier Hollow Horseback RidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $89
- Learn to Fly a Piper ArrowAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $168
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- All Salt Lake City Experiences