Learn to Hang Glide Class
Carter Memorial Airport - Luling, TX
Saturday & Sunday - Typically 11:00 AM & 2:30 PM
*Pending weather and instructor availability
- Your instructor is certified by the U.S. Hang Gliding Association and has over 20 years experience
- Classroom instruction orientates you to the sport and a training film
- Ground school provides coaching on how to hold and lift the glider
- At the practice hill, put your new skills to use and experience the freedom of flight with you at the controls
Your experience starts with a couple of hours in the class room where you will learn about hang gliders and the basics of how they work.
Then, it's over to the landing field for ground school. In ground school, you learn to lift the glider, how to hold it and how to move with the glider. After ground school, the only thing left is to do is fly!
On the foot of the practice hill you will take your first steps toward getting off the ground. As the day moves on, you'll move higher up the hill and get progressively longer flights - up to 4 total.
By the end of the day you will be looking back on one of the most fun and exhilarating experiences of your life.
Your instructor has been hang gliding for over 20 years and competes nationally and internationally in cross country and speed gliding events and has organized regional and national competitions.
He was elected Regional Director for the Texas and Louisiana USHGA chapter along with being a member of the USHGA board of directors for six years. You are in good hands!
- Participants must weigh no more than 230 pounds
- Experience includes 4 flights on the practice hill on the day of your class
- Provider is a member of the United States Hang Gliding Association
Approximately 3-4 Hours
Up to 10 per class.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions and sturdy, comfortable, closed toed shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
What should I bring?
All hang gliding equipment that is needed is provided. You should come prepared to spend an entire day in the great outdoors in Texas. Bring lots of water, and wear footwear such as hiking boots that will support your ankles.
Is there a minimum age limit to participate?
All participants must be at least 12 years old to participate in the class.
Other San Antonio Gift Ideas:(View all 21 San Antonio experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a Ferrari 430 ScuderiaFrom: $493
- Race a Lamborghini SuperleggeraFrom: $493
- Private Dinner Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $211
- Learn to Fly a GliderFrom: $350
- Learn to Hang Glide ClassAvg Rating of: 1-half(1)From: $149
- Tandem Hang Gliding FlightAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $279
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $255
- Porsche Thrill RideFrom: $108
- Race a Nissan GT-RFrom: $352
- All San Antonio Experiences
"I spent almost $200 to drive an hour and a half north of my hometown early in the morning on my day off, hoping that I would get something fun out of this. Well, fun didn't happen. I only spent about 20 minutes doing actual hang gliding (very basic beginner hang gliding, not tandem gliding). And then spent about 2 hours sitting in a stranger's living room watching 1980s VHS videos of other people hang gliding. The instructor didn't have the professional edge of a lucrative business man. Instead, he just seemed like some guy who owns gliders and lets you pay him explain things. "Less talking, more gliding!" That was my attitude the entire time. I sincerely hope that his company isn't the only hang gliding company near San Antonio, because I was disappointed beyond belief. This guy wasn't good at explaining things. He seemed more like a person who is content with knowing what he knows, but doesn't have the people skills to instruct beginners. He was easily frustrated and had a poor attitude which is VERY BAD for business. I wasted my time and my money and will not be doing business with him ever again."