Learn to Windsurf
Padre Island National Seashore, Corpus Christi, TX
Year-Round: Daily - 11:30 AM
- Located in Padre Island National Seashore, internationally recognized as one of the top windsurfing locations in the U.S.
- Your friendly and knowledgeable instructor will provide you with an hour of instruction, teaching you to harness the power of the wind, balance, turning, and pivoting while on the board
- Following your lesson, enjoy 2 more hours practicing your newly acquired skills
Ever wondered if you would enjoy the exciting sport of windsurfing? If so, this group lesson offers a taste of Windsurfing with a heavy emphasis on fun.
During your hour of instruction, with one of the premiere schools in the country, you will learn to balance, cruise back and forth, and turn around while on the board. This will be followed by 2 additional hours of practice where you can try to perfect your newly learned skills.
This class is designed to ensure a fun windsurfing experience while preparing you to take your skills to the next level!
All equipment will be provided.
Park entrance fees are not included and are $15 total for the day, $30 for a year.
3 hours- 1 hour of instruction and 2 hours of practice
This is a group class and you may be joined by up to 8 people.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear your swim suit and bring a towel and change of clothes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. However, rescheduling is allowed with at least 72 hours of notice. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel, or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date with your experience provider will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Do I need a park pass?
Yes, for access to the Bird Island Basin you will need to purchase both the Park Entrance Pass ($10/day, $20/year) and the Bird Island Basin Pass ($5/day, $10/year). Both passes can be purchased at the front gate upon entrance to the Padre Island National Seashore.
Can I walk to the meeting location?
All hotel and condos are about 12 miles from the meeting location, so a car is a must.
Other San Antonio Gift Ideas:(View all 16 San Antonio experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Private Dinner Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $211
- Learn to Fly a GliderFrom: $350
- Learn to Hang Glide ClassAvg Rating of: 1-half(1)From: $149
- Tandem Hang Gliding FlightAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $279
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $255
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- Guided Fly Fishing AdventureFrom: $500
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $225
- NASCAR Ride Along - DallasFrom: $130
- All San Antonio Experiences