Lake Lyndon B. Johnson in Johnson City, TX or Carter Memorial Airport in Luling, TX
May - October:
Typically at 9:00 AM
- Your pilot is certified by the U.S. Hang Gliding Association and has over 20 years experience
- Your tandem flight includes a 30 day USHGA membership and orientation to hang gliding control
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Texas countryside from 1,000 feet during your tandem flight
- Embrace the aeronautical freedom of this serene form of flight
A custom designed boat or light sport aircraft will tow you and your U.S. Hang Gliding Association certified instructor safely into the air.
When an altitude of nearly 1,000 feet is reached tow the rope is left behind and you are free to fly!
A tandem discovery flight will open a new world of fun as you float though the sky on a sunny Texas afternoon.
Your pilot has been hang gliding for over 20 years and competes nationally and internationally in cross country and speed gliding events and has organized regional and national competitions.
He was elected Regional Director for the Texas and Louisiana USHGA chapter along with being a member of the USHGA board of directors for six years.
If you have ever had dreams of flight, you will enjoy the experience of hang gliding!
Provider is a member of the United States Hang Gliding Associaton.
Participants must weight no more than 230 pounds.
2 hours total with at least 20 minutes of flying time.
1 per flight.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing that can get wet.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
What should I bring?
All the hang gliding equipment that is needed is provided. You should come prepared to to spend time in the great outdoors in Texas. Bring lots of water, and wear footwear such as hiking boots that will support your ankles.
Other San Antonio Gift Ideas:(View all 17 San Antonio experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Private Dinner Cruise (for 2+)From: $211Avg Rating of: 4-half(3)
- Learn to Fly a GliderFrom: $350
- Learn to Hang Glide ClassFrom: $99Avg Rating of: 1-half(1)
- Tandem Hang Gliding FlightFrom: $279Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $255Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- Guided Fly Fishing AdventureFrom: $500
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $225
- All San Antonio Experiences
"Great experience. Couldn't have asked for better instructors. Danny and Jeff were outstanding. Would highly recommend this experience for anyone who thinks they would enjoy it."
"Loved it! Jeff and Danny were great! For sure one of the best gifts I've ever received!"
"This was a truly amazing gift. I recommend this to everyone. Thanks for offering this opportunity of experiences. Cloud 9 Living is a first class company!"