- One of the largest soaring centers in the U.S. and in business since 1959
- FAA certified, experienced aerobatic pilot
- Loops, rolls, dips, inverted flight and more!
- Incredible views of Lake Henshaw, Hot Springs Peak, Palomar Mountains and more
The Super Spectacular Aerobatic Ride is not for the timid!
Climb into the cockpit alongside an experienced aerobatic pilot and take a look at the world from a whole new perspective, up-side down!
On this 25 minute acrobatic ride, you will experience loops, rolls, inverted flight and other air show-like maneuvers.
It is an incredible adventure.
Participants must not exceed 240 pounds.
18-25 minutes of flight time
1 per glider
Allowed, you can watch the glider take off and land.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. It is approximately 10 degrees cooler during flight.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
Is it safe?
Yes! All the flights are flown by FAA Certified Commercial pilots. It is also extremely safe because the sailplane carries no fuel or a heavy engine, and are designed to land slowly in unimproved fields.
What is the minimum age to fly?
He/she has to be at least 14 years old to fly solo.
How far away is Warner Springs from Los Angeles?
Plan on about 2 hours.
What is the best time to fly?
Earliest flights between 11:00am-3:00pm are the smoothest. During the heat of the day there is more unstable air which means it is probably better soaring, but bumpier!
How far is Warner Springs from San Diego?
From downtown San Diego plan on a nice hour and a half drive.
Other San Diego Experiences:(View all 80 San Diego experiences)
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourFrom: $75Avg Rating of: 4-half(16)
- San Diego Brewery TourFrom: $135Avg Rating of: 4-half(2)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $149
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $530
- America's Cup SailingFrom: $120Avg Rating of: 4-half(7)
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)From: $130Avg Rating of: 5(7)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $280Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- San Diego Dinner CruiseFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 4-half(9)
- Champagne Brunch CruiseFrom: $99Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- All San Diego Experiences
- Gift Certificates