Warner Springs, CA
Daily - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
*Pending instructor availability
- Experience provider is one of the largest soaring centers in the U.S. and has been in business since 1959
- FAA Certified, experienced aerobatic pilot
- Incredible views of Lake Henshaw, Hot Springs Peak, Palomar Mountains and more
- Loops, rolls, dips, inverted flight and more!
This super spectacular aerobatic ride is not for the timid!
Climb into the cockpit alongside an experienced aerobatic pilot and take a look at the world from a whole new perspective, up-side down!
On this 25 minute acrobatic ride, you will experience loops, rolls, inverted flight and other air show-like maneuvers. It is an incredible adventure.
- Participants must not exceed 240 pounds
- Participants must be at least 14 years old
18-25 minutes of flight time
1 participant per glider
Spectators are welcome to watch the glider take-off and land.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. It is approximately 10 degrees cooler in the air during flight.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is it safe?
Yes! All the flights are flown by FAA Certified Commercial Pilots. It is also extremely safe because the sailplane carries no fuel or a heavy engine, and is designed to land slowly in unimproved fields.
What is the minimum age to fly?
Participants must be at least 14 years old to fly solo.
How far away is Warner Springs from Los Angeles?
Plan on about 2 hours.
What is the best time to fly?
Earliest flights between 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM are the smoothest.During the heat of the day there is more unstable air which means it is probably better soaring, but bumpier!
Other San Diego Gift Ideas:(View all 76 San Diego experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourFrom: $66Avg Rating of: 4-half(23)
- San Diego Brewery TourFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 4-half(2)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $130
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $499
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)From: $105Avg Rating of: 5(10)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $263Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- San Diego Dinner CruiseFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Champagne Brunch CruiseFrom: $83Avg Rating of: 5(4)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- All San Diego Experiences
"I had a GREAT time. The only downside is that I wish it lasted longer. Though, I understand that the flight was a little shorter because we were doing a lot of tricks that caused our altitude to drop more quickly. Perhaps starting at a slightly higher altitude would help. Other than that, I had an amazing experience. My pilot was able to perform a number of great maneuvers of up to 4 G's and we were even able to chase a red tailed hawk! I would definitely want to do this again!"