San Diego, CA
Year round; most weekends and some weekdays.
Sails typically begin at 11:00 AM.
- Real, 80 foot International America's Cup Class (IACC) racing yachts
- Among the fastest mono-hull sailing vessels in the world
- 2.5 hour cruise through San Diego Bay
You've watched these magnificent, high-tech boats race for sailing's ultimate prize- the America's Cup. But nothing compares to the thrill and excitement of sailing aboard an IACC yacht yourself.
With masts that stretch skyward as high as an 11-story building, these precision-engineered racing yachts are the fastest mono-hull sailing vessels in the world.
Sit back, relax and hold on to your hat as you glide quietly and effortlessly through San Diego Bay, breezing by popular landmarks and attractions including:
- America's Cup Harbor
- Coronado Bay Bridge
- North Island Naval Air Station
- Submarine Amphibious Base
- Aircraft Carriers (when in port)
- San Diego Convention Center
- Downtown San Diego Skyline
- Cabrillo National Monument
Life jackets, water and soda will be provided. The boat is located at the Maritime Museum of San Diego. This experience requires a minimum of seven participants to run on any particular date.
Crew gratuity is not included, but appreciated.
Up to 20 people per tour; there will be a crew of 4 or 5.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear tennis shoes or boat shoes and bring a windbreaker or sweatshirt for comfort.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Is sailing in the Bay likely to make me seasick?
The ride is generally very smooth. However, if you're susceptible to motion sickness, take the necessary precautions. To date no passenger has been seasick.
What is your policy on smoking?
There is a no smoking policy.
Are life jackets provided on the boat?
The Coast Guard requires us to keep life jackets on board.
Are snacks and beverages provided?
We provide water a soft drinks free of charge
What happens if there is inclement weather?
If weather cancels your trip, we will issue you a rain check!
Is gratuity included?
Gratuity is not included.
Other San Diego Gift Ideas:(View all 83 San Diego experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourFrom: $66Avg Rating of: 4-half(22)
- San Diego Brewery TourFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 4-half(2)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $130
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $499
- America's Cup SailingFrom: $99Avg Rating of: 4-half(7)
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)From: $105Avg Rating of: 5(10)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $263Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- San Diego Dinner CruiseFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Champagne Brunch CruiseFrom: $83Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- All San Diego Experiences
"This is the real deal!"
"I can not fully express just how helpful Lindsay was in the booking and re-booking of our adventure. She is an excellent example of fine customer service. I look forward to gifting Cloud 9 services to friends in the future."
"The provider was great, the experience was fun. I was expecting something a little more special, exclusive. Tickets were available for this trip right on the street. "