Del Mar, CA
Daily - Sunset
*Pending pilot availability
- Head pilots have over 30 years experience flying hot air balloons
- Take in stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and coastal bluffs surrounding Del Mar
- Enjoy a traditional champagne toast or sparkling cider upon landing
- Embrace the serenity of flight as you glide effortlessly 1,500 feet above the ground
Enjoy spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean, the coastal bluffs surrounding Del Mar and of course, a wonderful sunset on this romantic sunset balloon flight.
Relax as you float by the lush setting of the estate homes of Rancho Santa Fe amidst a glowing, peaceful sunset.
View the mountains bordering the Borrego Desert to the east, and on an especially clear day, the Coronado Islands to the south.
Experience an inspiring adventure filled with beautiful sweeping vistas and sky sailing fun that will make for lifelong memories.
Upon landing, enjoy a traditional champagne toast or sparkling cider!
- Participants must be at least 7 years of age and be able to safely climb in and out of the balloon
- Participants must weigh less than 300 lbs
- Due to safety precautions, this experience is not available if you are pregnant
3-4 hours total with approximately 1 hour of flight time.
Share the balloon with between 6-14 other flyers and your certified pilot.
Spectators are welcome to come watch the launch.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear casual outdoor active wear, and a jacket, sweatshirt or fleece pullover. Closed toe shoes are required, high heels are not allowed. Because the balloon burners radiate heat, we recommend that if you are over 6 feet tall that you wear a hat or a cap. In the cooler months, we suggest bringing gloves.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance. However, last minute requests will be taken based on availability.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 5 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 5 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is it a safe experience?
This balloon company has built their entire reputation on providing you with the adventure of your life. Since 1977 their pilots, staff, and crew have been extensively trained by employing rigid company practices that go beyond those required by law.
What should I wear?
Casual outdoor active wear is recommended, along with a jacket, sweatshirt or fleece pullover. Comfortable shoes are suggested, high heels are not allowed. The balloon burners radiate heat, therefore, it is recommend that if you are over 6 feet tall that you wear a hat or a cap. In the cooler months you can bring some gloves to wear.
What do I need to bring?
A camera! A video camera! It is recommended you leave all other personal possessions safely locked in your car.
What about bad weather?
Weather is obviously an important factor in ballooning. That is why there is a "mandatory" phone call prior to each flight, for that final "weather confirmation". If the flight is canceled because of weather conditions, you will be able to reschedule your flight for another date.
How high does the balloon fly?
When you are aloft in the balloon you may travel up to 1,500 feet above the earth, which is what makes those views so fantastic!
How far will the balloon travel?
The average distance that you will travel in the balloon is 3-7 miles, depending on winds.
What if I have motion sickness?
There is no turbulence sway or keel in a hot air balloon. However, if you are especially sensitive to motion, medication should be effective.
How many passengers will be in the balloon?
The number of passengers depends on the balloon, the smallest accommodates 6 passengers, and the largest accommodates up to 14 passengers! All of the baskets are large, European design, and partitioned to give each passenger maximum comfort and visibility.
Other San Diego Gift Ideas:(View all 78 San Diego experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(31)From: $66
- San Diego Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $125
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $88
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $299
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(20)From: $105
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $273
- Sights & Sips Sunset CruiseFrom: $50
- Downtown San Diego Brewery TourAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $125
- All San Diego Experiences