Gillespie Field - El Cajon, CA
Thursday through Monday - 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM
*5:00 PM flights are available Mid-March through Mid-October
- Fly aboard an Extra 330LC - the safest and most versatile aerobatic aircraft available
- Includes a 50-minute classroom session and 30-35 minutes of aerial dogfighting with up to 5 engagements
- Learn from friendly and experienced FAA Certified pilots with 10-20 years experience, many of whom are former Air Force pilots
- Pull up to 8 times the force of gravity - 8 G's!
Have you ever wondered what it's like to be a fighter pilot? Stop imagining and discover for yourself the challenge of shooting another airplane out of the sky with the Fighter Pilot Mission experience!
No experience necessary, just a need for adrenaline! You'll be at the controls of a 330LC aircraft as you execute air-to-air combat tactics that have been developed through generations of fighter pilots.
Under the supervision of your expert combat fighter pilot instructor, you'll learn the art of basic fighter maneuvers during a 50-minute classroom briefing. Next you'll take to the sky and warm up with some gun-sight tracking exercises. Then it's time to engage your opponent for 5 aerial combat engagements! This is the ultimate competitive challenge!
These aircrafts are equipped with an amazing optical targeting system, so that when a "hit" is made, smoke will billow off your opponent's aircraft.
Take to the skies and fulfill your dreams as you engage in true Sky Combat!
- Participant must weigh between 80-265 pounds and be between 4'-6'6" tall
- Fuel fee is included in the package price
Approximately 4 hours, with a classroom briefing on basic fighter maneuvering, pre-flight preparations and an approximately 30-35 minute flight.
One participant per aircraft.
Spectators are allowed and may attend the briefing with participants, take pictures, and can relax in the hanger during the flight.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable and casual clothing, shoes and socks required.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, any rescheduling must be done within 72 hours advance notice. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other San Diego Gift Ideas:(View all 79 San Diego experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(31)From: $66
- San Diego Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $123
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $87
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $299
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(20)From: $105
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $263
- Sights & Sips Sunset CruiseFrom: $86
- Downtown San Diego Brewery TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $125
- All San Diego Experiences