San Diego, CA
Thursday through Tuesday - 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Soar through the air like a superhero and experience an unmatched adrenaline rush when you Fly a Jetpack in San Diego!
- Featured in the New York Times and the famous Visit California tourism commercial
- Learn to fly prior to strapping on the jetpack and remain in touch with your coach via a built-in radio system during flight
- Hover high above the water or dive in like a dolphin on this one-of-a-kind jetpack experience!
- For a combo package, check out our Fly a Jetpack & Jetboard experience!
Feel an adrenaline rush like nothing you've ever experienced when you Fly a Jetpack near Los Angeles!
Jetpack instructors have taught over 10,000 first-time flyers and hold the record for the longest jetpack flight.
Prior to taking to the air, you'll be paired with a trained and experienced instructor for a pre-flight briefing where you will watch a training video with an overview of the jetpack technology and fundamentals of flight. Before you hit the water, you'll practice the newly learned flight techniques with a training pack.
When the instructor deems you ready, it'll be time to jump in the water and get ready to take to the air! Choose between 20,30, 40 and 60 minutes of flight time and stay in touch with your coach using the built-in radio system in your helmet.
First-time flyers may learn the basic maneuvers such as deep-water take offs and landings, controlling your elevation and steering. Advanced maneuvers include walking on water, underwater submarines, donut turns, low hovering and no-handed flying.
Hover high above the water like Ironman or dive underwater like a dolphin on this adrenaline pumping, one-of-a-kind jetpack experience near Los Angeles!
- Participants must be at least 14 years of age with a valid form of ID
- Must weigh between 100 - 330 pounds and be between 5'0" and 7'0" in height
- A PFD and helmet equipped with a radio system will be provided
- Wetsuits are available for rent on-site
- Photo and video packages are available for purchase directly from the experience provider
Approximately 2 hours
You will be accompanied by other participants, with a maximum of 20 per session.
Spectators are welcome to watch the flights.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
It is recommended to dress as if you were headed to the beach. A swimsuit, towel, wetsuit (if you have one), sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or cancel/reschedule 72 hours prior will result in the loss of the value of this experience.
What do I need to bring with me?
All participants must bring a valid form of ID. It is recommended to bring a swimsuit, wetsuit (if you have one), sunscreen, sunglasses, water and snacks.
What are the physical restrictions?
Participants must be in good health and physical condition. You should not have history of a heart condition and women who are pregnant are not advised to participate. All participants must be at least 14 years old and weigh between 100-330 pounds. Participants must be between 5'0" and 7'0" tall.
Will I be able to fly?
Every pilot will learn differently, but most first-time pilots are airborne within their first 5-10 minutes in the jetpack. The instructor will handle the throttle and provide feedback throughout the flight.
Do I need to be strong to fly?
You do not need tremendous strength to fly the jetpack. Some pilots report arm and shoulder fatigue after the first flight because first-time flyers tend to over-tense instead of relaxing their grip.
Can the water from the jetpack hurt my arms and legs?
It is advised to keep clear of the jets, which can expel up to 1,000 gallons of water per minute. However, pilots can safely put their hands and feet in the jet streams with no major discomfort.
How high will I go and what happens if I fall?
The maximum height of a jetpack flight is 30 feet into the air and if you fall from that height, you will enter the water at less than 30 MPH.
Do I need experience?
You do not need experience to fly a jetpack, but you must be a good swimmer and not have a fear of heights.
Other San Diego Gift Ideas:(View all 78 San Diego experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(31)From: $66
- San Diego Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $125
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $88
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $299
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(20)From: $105
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $273
- Sights & Sips Sunset CruiseFrom: $50
- Downtown San Diego Brewery TourAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $125
- All San Diego Experiences