San Diego, CA
Daily - 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Soar through the air like a superhero to experience an unmatched adrenaline rush when you Fly a Jetpack & Jetboard in San Diego!
- Featured in the New York Times and the famous Visit California tourism commercial
- Learn to fly prior to strapping on the Jetpack or Jetboard and remain in touch with your coach via a built-in radio system during flight
- Perfect for adventure lovers who want to try out both the Jetpack and Jetboard
- Hover high above the water or dive in like a dolphin on this unique Jetpack & Jetboard experience!
Fly a Jetpack & Jetboard in San Diego - all in one day! Perfect for adventure lovers who want to try out both!
Jetpack instructors have taught over 10,000 first-time flyers and hold the record for the longest Jetpack flight.
Prior to taking to the air, you'll be paired with a trained and experienced instructor for a pre-flight briefing where you will watch a training video with an overview of the Jetpack and Jetboard technology and fundamentals of flight. Before you hit the water, you'll practice the newly learned flight techniques with a training pack.
When the instructor deems you ready, it'll be time to jump in the water and get ready to take to the air! Choose between 40 or 60 minutes of flight time and stay in touch with your coach using the built-in radio system in your helmet.
First-time flyers may learn the basic maneuvers such as deep-water take offs and landings, controlling your elevation and steering. Advanced maneuvers include walking on water, underwater submarines, donut turns, low hovering, no-handed flying, helicopter spins, backwards flying, superman dives and even backflips on the Jetboard.
Hover high above the water like Ironman or dive underwater like a dolphin on this adrenaline pumping, unique Jetpack & Jetboard experience in San Diego!
- Participants must be at least 14 years of age with a valid form of ID
- Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present for the flight and they will have to sign a parental release form
- Must weigh between 100 - 330 pounds and be between 5'0" and 7'0" in height
- A PFD and helmet equipped with a radio system will be provided
- Wetsuits are available for rent on-site
- Photo and video packages are available for purchase directly from the experience provider
The total experience will last approximately 2.5 hours, including 40 or 60 minutes of flight time (depending on option selected).
You will be accompanied by other participants, with a maximum of 20 per session.
Spectators are welcome to watch the flights.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
It is recommended to dress as if you were headed to the beach. A swimsuit, towel, wet suit (if you have one), sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or cancel/reschedule 72 hours prior will result in the loss of the value of this experience.
Is the Jetpack or Jetboard easier to learn?
Every participant will learn differently, but the Jetpack is usually a little easier to pick up than the Jetboard. Most people airborne in the Jetpack in about 5 minutes and about 7 minutes for the Jetboard. Participants with board sports experience will have the easiest time on a Jetboard.
How high will I go?
The maximum elevation during the 40 minutes of flight time is 30 feet and during the 60 minutes of flight time is 40 feet.
Do I need experience?
You do not need experience to fly a Jetpack or Jetboard, but you must be a good swimmer and not have a fear of heights.
Will I be able to fly?
Every pilot will learn differently, but most first-time pilots are airborne within their first 5-10 minutes. The instructor will handle the throttle and provide feedback throughout the flight.
What do I need to bring with me?
All participants must bring a valid form of ID. It is recommended to bring a swimsuit, wet suit (if you have one), sunscreen, sunglasses, water and snacks.
What are the physical restrictions?
Participants must be in good health and physical condition. You should not have history of a heart condition and women who are pregnant are not advised to participate. All participants must be at least 14 years old and weigh between 100-330 pounds. Participants must be between 5'0" and 7'0" tall.
Can the water from the jetpack hurt my arms and legs?
It is advised to keep clear of the jets, which can expel up to 1,000 gallons of water per minute. However, pilots can safely put their hands and feet in the jet streams with no major discomfort.
Other San Diego Gift Ideas:(View all 78 San Diego experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(31)From: $66
- San Diego Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $123
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $87
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $299
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(20)From: $105
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $273
- Sights & Sips Sunset CruiseFrom: $86
- Downtown San Diego Brewery TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $125
- All San Diego Experiences