Warner Springs, CA
Daily - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
*Pending instructor availability
- One of the largest soaring centers in the U.S. and in business since 1959
- FAA certified pilots
- Views of Lake Henshaw, Hot Springs Peak, Palomar Mountains and more
- After your ground training instruction, you will get to fly the plane yourself, no experience necessary!
After a short ground instruction prior to the flight, you will take to the air over beautiful Southern California.
After climbing to nearly 1 mile above sea level you hear the click of the tow rope being released from your glider.
The tow plane disappears out of sight and you are left with only the sound of the wind as you experience flying in its purest form.
Enjoy panoramic views of Lake Henshaw, the beautiful San Jose Valley and surrounding mountains, including Hot Springs Peak and the Palomar Mountains.
During the flight you will get to fly the sailplane as much or as little as you want. At the end of you flight you will receive a complementary logbook to record your journey.
No experience necessary. There is a weight restriction of 242 pounds.
40 minutes of flight time
1 per glider
Allowed, you can watch the glider take off and land.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. It is approximately 10 degrees cooler during flight.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
Is it safe?
Yes! All the flights are flown by FAA Certified Commercial pilots. It is also extremely safe because the sailplane carries no fuel or a heavy engine, and is designed to land slowly in a unimproved field.
What is the minimum age to fly?
He/She has to be at least 14 years old to fly solo.
What is the best time to fly?
Earliest flights between 11:00am- 3:00pm are the smoothest. During the heat of the day there are more unstable winds which means it is probably better soaring, but bumpier!
How far is Warner Springs from San Diego?
From downtown San Diego plan on a nice hour and a half drive.
Other San Diego Gift Ideas:(View all 83 San Diego experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourFrom: $66Avg Rating of: 4-half(22)
- San Diego Brewery TourFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 4-half(2)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $130
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $499
- America's Cup SailingFrom: $99Avg Rating of: 4-half(7)
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)From: $105Avg Rating of: 5(10)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $263Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- San Diego Dinner CruiseFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Champagne Brunch CruiseFrom: $83Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- All San Diego Experiences