Auto Club Speedway - Fontana, CA
Select dates only:
Click here for schedule
AM times are 9:00, 10:00 & 11:00 AM
PM times are 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 & 4:00 PM
- School started by the legendary Mario Andretti, the greatest race car driver of all time
- Full size, 600 horsepower Indy style race cars
- Ride with a professional instructor and top speeds of 170 MPH!
- To actually drive the car yourself, click here!
Prepare to climb aboard a 600 horsepower, 2 seat Indy style race car and experience the thrill of a lifetime.
Sit back and hold on tight as you ride shotgun with a professional racing instructor at speeds approaching 170 MPH!
Like Mario Andretti, the racing legend who started this experience, you'll be going full throttle with G-forces guaranteed to take your breath away.
Auto Club Speedway: Don't miss the opportunity to race on one of the elite super speedways in the country! This asphalt super speedway is a 2-mile, low-banked, D-shaped oval track and has been the host of the Indy Car Series periodically since 2002. With a 3,100 foot front stretch you're in for the ride of your life!
- Must be between 5'0" - 6'4" tall, weigh between 100 - 250 pounds and be in good overall physical condition
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must sign a consent form
- Feel free to bring drinks and snacks
- Some seating is provided, however, it's recommended to bring lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators
3 or 6 lap packages; time at the track is approximately 2 - 3 hours
1 per car
We encourage friends and family to join you, and they may bring a camera to capture your experience! Limited seating is provided, so we recommend bringing lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators.
This experience is weather dependent, but may run in the rain. In the event the experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you may either reschedule for another available date directly with the experience provider, or they will issue you a gift card that you can use to reschedule at your convenience. A refund will not be issued due to rainouts. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, casual clothing depending on the time of year. Closed toed shoes are required (tennis shoes are recommended). Sandals, flip-flops and heels are not permitted.
For this experience we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation all bookings are final. No or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. If you need to reschedule, you have up until 30 days prior to your reservation to make changes for a $50 administrative fee. Once you are within 30 days of the event, you are then locked in to that date and time and no changes can be made.
What are the age requirements?
There are no age requirements, however all participants must be at least 5'0'' and 100 lbs. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, who must give written consent.
Are there any physical requirements or restrictions?
Participants must be in good overall physical condition and at least 5' and 100 lbs in order to participate. Due to the restraints of the Indy car, participants may not exceed 6'4" and 250 lbs. All participants will be required to climb into the vehicle's cockpit with minimal assistance, which sits about 24'' off the ground.
Do I need a driver's license?
No, a driver's license is not required for the ride along. However, please have a valid photo ID handy for registration purposes at the track on the day of your experience.
What kind of race cars are used?
The cars used are 600 horsepower, open-wheel Indy race cars. For the ride along experience, participants sit in the back cockpit seat of the vehicle.
What is the policy on rain-outs?
If your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, the racing school will contact you and either immediately reschedule you for another available date, or issue you a gift card that you can use at a later date. A refund will not be issued due to rain-outs.
Can I bring my own helmet?
The racing school will provide you with a helmet, however, if you have your own helmet you are welcome to bring it for possible use. It will be subject to inspection and approval for use by the Track Operator.
Other San Diego Gift Ideas:(View all 78 San Diego experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourFrom: $66Avg Rating of: 4-half(25)
- North County Brewery TourFrom: $125Avg Rating of: 4-half(2)
- Downtown San Diego Brewery TourFrom: $125
- NASCAR Ride AlongFrom: $130
- Drive a NASCARFrom: $499
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)From: $105Avg Rating of: 5(12)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $263Avg Rating of: 5(6)
- San Diego Dinner CruiseFrom: $121Avg Rating of: 5(10)
- Champagne Brunch CruiseFrom: $84Avg Rating of: 4-half(6)
- All San Diego Experiences