La Jolla Shore or Del Mar, CA
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Instructors are all CPR and First Aid certified as well as knowledgeable about local fauna and wildlife
- 2-hour lesson includes approximately 30 minutes of instruction followed by a guided paddle tour of the surrounding waters
- Opportunity to spot harmless leopard sharks, sea lions, and more
- Whether you are looking to take peaceful sunset paddles or drop into head high waves, this experience is perfect for beginners and novices alike!
Stand Up Paddle Boarding traces its roots back to Polynesia and ancient surfing. Surf instructors in Hawaii started using SUPs in the 1960's as a way to better view the incoming waves and their surf students at Wai Ki Ki beach.
Today, Stand Up Paddle Boarding has become one of the most popular water sports nationwide. Whether you are looking for a new way to see sites, something to spice up your fitness routine, or a competitive challenge, this 2-hour lesson is the perfect place to start.
Before you hit the water, your instructor will introduce you to the board and teach you some of the basic paddle and stroke techniques. Next you will move to the water where, depending on your skill level, you will spend approximately 30 minutes learning to maneuver. Once you've mastered your board, your instructor will take you out and guide you through the waters with a chance to spot harmless leopard sharks, sea lions, bat rays, and more!
Don't find yourself left out, learn to SUP today!
- No experience necessary
- Must be at least 10 years or older to participate
- Must be able to swim and be comfortable in the water
- All necessary gear and wet suits will be provided
- Beginners have the option to move their lesson to calm water
This experience will last approximately 2 hours.
There may be up to 5 students per lesson.
Family and friends are encouraged to watch and take pictures from the shore for the instructional portion of the lesson.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the case of wind or big surf, lessons can be rescheduled or location changed.
What to Wear:
Participants who wish to borrow a wet suit must be wearing a bathing suit. It is recommended to bring a towel, sunblock, hat, sunglasses, and change of clothes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges or cancellations are allowed. However, you may reschedule your experience prior to your booked date.
Is equipment provided?
Yes, the price of this lesson includes the use of the paddle board, paddle, wet suit, and guide. Life jackets are available upon request, but not required.
Is this lesson appropriate for children?
The minimum age to participate is 10 years old. Children must be able to swim and comfortable in the water in the event they fall in.
What if the weather is bad?
Conditions in San Diego can vary and be difficult to predict. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of big surf or wind, lessons can be rescheduled or moved to an alternate location.
Other San Diego Gift Ideas:(View all 77 San Diego experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(31)From: $66
- San Diego Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $123
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $87
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $299
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(20)From: $105
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $273
- Sights & Sips Sunset CruiseFrom: $86
- Downtown San Diego Brewery TourAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $125
- All San Diego Experiences