San Diego GoCar Tour
San Diego, CA
Daily - 8:00 AM to Dusk
- Experience the first-ever GPS-guided storytelling car
- TIMEmagazine called GoCar "The Most Amazing Invention of the Year"
- An on-board computer and a GPS-system does the thinking so you can relax and take in the city
- A unique sightseeing experience for tourists and locals alike
- Easy and fun to drive!
The San Diego GoCar Tour is a fun and unique way to see the beautiful sights of the city at your own pace!
Visiting San Diego? Fold up your map, put away the guidebook and jump into a GoCar. Zip all over town while this little yellow car takes you on a GPS guided tour of San Diego. It's like having your own local tour guide.
Best of all, the adventure happens at your pace. You can stop for photos, grab a coffee or break for lunch. You can even blaze your own trail if you're feeling adventurous!
1-Hour: Downtown and Gaslamp Quarter Loop
Drive past the famous oasis of Balboa Park, through San Diego's downtown and the Gaslamp Quarter. This quick loop will give you a great taste of what downtown San Diego and this park has to offer.
2-Hour: Downtown, Park, Zoo and Old Town Tour
GoCar will guide you on this popular San Diego tour. See San Diego's Downtown area and Balboa Park along with the San Diego Zoo and lesser-known gems that most visitors never get to see!
3-Hour: Point Loma and Beaches Tour
Explore Shelter Bay, climb up toward Point Loma, take in tremendous views of San Diego Bay and Coronado Island, then ride down toward Ocean Shore. As you make your way back, you will visit the beach community of Ocean Beach and return to Little Italy.
5-Hour Tour: All-Inclusive
Let GoCar be your guide to San Diego's easy-going lifestyle, laid-back urban settings and beaches. Travel west toward the Cabrillo National Monument, exploring US Navy installations along the way and then head back through downtown San Diego, the Gaslamp Quarter, Balboa Park, the Zoo, Hillcrest and Old Town on this full day tour!
Above tours are only suggested routes. The tour's length may vary due to circumstances such as departure time, traffic and your itinerary. If you do take additional rental time, this will be billed in 15 minute increments.
- Must be 21 years or older to rent
- Must possess a major credit card and valid driver's license
- GoCars do not accommodate car seats for children
- Helmets are provided and are required by California law
- All riders receive a full orientation
- On the day of rental, a $400 security deposit will be held on your credit card until the GoCar is returned
- All riders must sign a standard participant agreement
- Renters will have the option to purchase Collision Damage Waiver insurance on the day of rental
- Renters are free to extend the length of their tour on the day of rental - additional rental time will be charged in 15-minute increments, and the car must be returned before dusk
Approximately 1-5 hours, depending on the option selected.
GoCars hold a maximum of 2 people.
Everyone watching you drive by!
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges or refunds are allowed. A $20 per booking cancellation fee will apply to any cancellations, however, departure times may be rescheduled subject to availability. No cancellations or rescheduling will be allowed within 72 hours of your scheduled tour.
What is a GoCar?
GoCar is the world's first computer-guided storytelling car. The clever talking car navigates for you, but that's not all. As you drive, it points out the sights and tells you the stories that bring the city to life.
How long does the tour take?
The tour can take as long as you like - that's the whole point. You go at your own pace, not the pace set by a tour bus operator. As you go, you're choosing the attractions you want to stop and see. You can complete the tour in as little as 1 hour if your time is limited. You can also make it a leisurely day trip if you'd rather, stopping to explore attractions along the way. It's totally your choice. If you're having the time of your life, keep exploring! It's a fantastic city and there's plenty to see. The average tour duration is 2-3 hours.
Can I stop along the way?
Of course! You set your own pace! The car always knows where you are and you can park anywhere you want (motorcycle parking or car parking) for as long as you want, and as soon as you start to drive again, the car will narrate your tour/drive.
What languages do the cars speak?
The GoCars speak 5 languages! When you arrive, you may request a tour in Italian, Spanish, French, German or English. On a foreign-language tour, the GoCar will provide clear driving directions and tour narration in your language of choice.
How fast does the car go?
The GoCar can go up to 35 MPH. Drivers in the city do not typically drive fast, therefore, an average speed of 30 MPH or less can be expected while driving.
Is vehicle insurance available and how much does it cost?
Yes, the daily collision damage waiver for the rental is similar to a car rental and costs $12/day for the GoCar if elected by the driver.
Other San Diego Gift Ideas:(View all 79 San Diego experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(31)From: $66
- San Diego Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $123
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $87
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $299
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(20)From: $105
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $263
- Sights & Sips Sunset CruiseFrom: $86
- Downtown San Diego Brewery TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $125
- All San Diego Experiences
"The GoCar in San Diego was old, very rattily, very noisy, very rough riding, and very polluting to the riders. Because the engine was so noisy, one could hardly hear the directions and commentary of the GPS tour from the loud speaker. My wife and I coughed for hours after because of the fumes from the gas engine. The car are was very slow, and driving it on regular streets was hazardous because it was so slow. Other vehicles on the highway were irritated because we were traveling so slow, and this made it even more hazardous for us. We would definitely not recommend this experience for anyone, and especially for anyone 55+. Not at all happy with the experience."