La Jolla, CA
May - October:
Daily - 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Get introduced to the sport of kayaking with help from your experienced guide
- Casually paddle to the La Jolla Ecological Reserve, the best snorkeling spot in La Jolla Bay
- Swim like a fish and explore the undersea environment abundant with life and color
- Finish with a cruise to La Jolla's famous sea caves and spot birds, seals, sea lions and sometimes dolphins
This tour combines the best of both worlds - kayaking atop the ocean's surface while taking in the sights of the wildlife of La Jolla Cove, and then taking a plunge to explore the underwater world of the La Jolla Ecological Reserve, the best snorkeling spot in La Jolla Bay.
After exploring this amazing undersea environment, you will kayak over to the magnificent La Jolla Sea Caves to spot abundant sea birds, and usually seals, sea lions and sometimes dolphins.
Then you will glide over the giant kelp beds and return through the fun of the gentle surf at La Jolla Shores.
Tours are perfect for first-timers, as our guides will turn you into a snorkeling pro pronto! Have the best of both worlds!
- No kayaking experience is required
- Participants must be at least 10 years of age and able to swim
- Kayaks, paddles and life jackets are included
- This experience requires a minimum of 2 participants to run on any particular date
2 - 2.5 hours
Group size varies.
This tour is for booked participants only.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear shoes that can get wet, a bathing suit, t-shirt, hat and sunscreen. You may also want to bring a surfing 'rash guard' for snorkeling.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What is included?
All kayak and snorkeling equipment is included.
What is the age requirement?
Participants must be at least 10 years old and able to swim.
What do I need to wear/bring?
Wear shoes that can get wet, a bathing suit and or drip dry shorts/shirt. A hat and sunscreen are also recommended. You will be able to leave a towel and dry clothes at the shop or in your vehicle. Please do not bring valuables and things that cannot get wet. Expect to get a bit wet.
What happens if the tour is cancelled for weather?
If the tour is cancelled for weather, you will be able to reschedule directly with the experience provider.
Other San Diego Gift Ideas:(View all 78 San Diego experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(31)From: $66
- San Diego Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $125
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $88
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $299
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(20)From: $105
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $273
- Sights & Sips Sunset CruiseFrom: $50
- Downtown San Diego Brewery TourAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $125
- All San Diego Experiences