Top Gun Aerobatic Flight
Gillespie Field - El Cajon, CA
Daily - 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM & 5:00 PM
*5:00 PM flights are available Mid-April through Mid-October
This aerobatic flight is your chance to take the controls of an Extra 330LC aircraft and live out your Top Gun dreams!
- You'll take the controls and fly an Extra 330LC - the safest and most versatile aerobatic aircraft available
- Fly with an FAA certified flight instructor with 10-20 years of experience, many of whom are former Air Force pilots
- Experience high "G" maneuvering, dynamic low-level flying, loops, rolls, hammerheads and more
- Live out your Top Gun dreams in the skies above El Cajon!
If you've always dreamed of taking the controls of a high-performance aircraft and engaging in thrilling aerobatic maneuvers, this is the experience for you.
You'll start with a 30 minute briefing on aerobatic and high "G" maneuvering from a team of experienced flight instructors.
Then it's time for you and your instructor to step aboard an Extra 330LC aircraft and prepare for takeoff.
Shortly following takeoff you'll get the chance to take the controls and experience the unparalleled thrill of flying. Experience "extreme" flying as you engage in basic aerobatics like loops, rolls, stalls & spins along with dynamic low level flying!
- Fuel fee is included in the package price
- Participant must weigh between 80 - 265 pounds and be between 4' - 6'6" tall
30 minute briefing on aerobatics and high "G" maneuvering, and 22-27 minutes of flight time.
One participant per aircraft.
Spectators are allowed and may attend the briefing with participants, take pictures, and can relax in the hanger during the flight. The hanger is equipped with lounge sofas, tables, a pool table, darts, foosball and an aviation museum.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable and casual clothing, shoes and socks required.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 21 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, any rescheduling must be done within 72 hours advance notice. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Will I get airsick?
This flight mission begins with the basic maneuvers and works up to the more advanced moves. Throughout the flight, participants are encourage to communicate their comfort level. Breaks between maneuvers to give your stomach a chance to catch up are allowed.
What are the height and weight requirements?
Participants must be at least 4' and no more than 6'6" in height. They must weigh between 80 and 265 pounds and in overall good physical health.
Do I need flying experience?
No experience is necessary! You'll be able to control the dual flight controls throughout the flight and feel the thrill of flying for yourself!
Other San Diego Gift Ideas:(View all 79 San Diego experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(31)From: $66
- San Diego Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $123
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $87
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $299
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $263
- Fly a JetpackFrom: $179
- Fly a JetboardFrom: $179
- Fly a Jetpack & JetboardFrom: $329
- All San Diego Experiences