Ultimate Air Combat Experience
Gillespie Field - El Cajon, CA
Thursday through Monday - 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM
*5:00 PM flights are available Mid-March through Mid-October
- Fly aboard an Extra 330LC - the safest and most versatile aerobatic aircraft available
- Includes a 50-minute classroom session, 25 minutes of aerial dogfighting with up to 5 engagements, 15 minutes of aerobatics and much more!
- Learn from friendly and experienced FAA Certified pilots with 10-20 years experience, many of whom are former Air Force pilots
If you've always dreamed of taking the controls of a high-performance aircraft and engaging in thrilling aerobatic maneuvers combined with head-to-head air combat, this is the ultimate experience for you.
Your thrilling day will begin with a 50-minute classroom briefing under the supervision of your expert combat fighter pilot instructor where you'll learn the art of basic fighter maneuvers.
Next, it's time for you and your instructor to step aboard an Extra 330LC aircraft and prepare for takeoff.
Your first phase begins with a warm up consisting of gun-sight tracking exercises. Then it's time for your 25-minute sky combat experience where you'll execute air-to-air combat tactics followed by the ultimate dog fight experience where you'll have the opportunity to challenge your opponent to 5 exciting aerial combat engagements!
These aircrafts are equipped with an amazing optical targeting system, so that when a "hit" is made, smoke will billow off your opponent's aircraft.
Just when you think you can't take any more fun, you'll start your 15-minute aerobatic flight and experience loops, rolls, stalls or spins pulling up to 8 Gs! As you progress through some of the more basic maneuvers, you'll begin to move on to some advanced airshow acrobatics including hammerheads and tumbling!
Your experience will be capped off with a dynamic low level flight, culminating in an element surface attack mission against a ground target.
It is the perfect package for those who want the ultimate adrenaline rush!
- Participants must weigh between 80 - 265 pounds and be between 4'-6'6" tall
- Fuel fee is included in the package price
Approximately 4 hours total including a 50-minute classroom briefing on basic fighter maneuvering and pre-flight preparations, a 25-minute air combat flight and a 15-minute aerobatic flight
One participant per aircraft.
Spectators are allowed and may attend the briefing with participants, take pictures, and can relax in the hangar during the flight.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable and casual clothing, shoes and socks required.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 21 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, any rescheduling must be done within 72 hours advance notice. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other San Diego Gift Ideas:(View all 78 San Diego experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(31)From: $66
- San Diego Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $123
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $87
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $299
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(20)From: $105
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $273
- Sights & Sips Sunset CruiseFrom: $86
- Downtown San Diego Brewery TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $125
- All San Diego Experiences