Whale Watching & Sightseeing
La Jolla, CA
Recommended during peak summer months
*Pending guide availability
- Coast Guard certified captain and staff leading tours for over 30 years
- Specially designed high speed ocean rafts and vessels give you the once in a lifetime opportunity to get up close and personal with these magnificent creatures
- Private and customized experience that is tuned to your interests and seasonal wildlife cycles
- See blue, gray, humpback and killer whales
Enjoy a Private Whale Watching and Sightseeing Tour you're sure to remember.
Unlike typical whale watching where you are looking down on whales from the deck of a huge boat, you will be moving with the whales at sea level.
Your navy seal style boat travels 5 times faster than typical large whale watching boats which enable you to journey 1-3 miles offshore for the best chance of seeing blue, gray, humpback and killer whales, sunfish, porpoises and other sea life.
An adventure for the ages, this trip will pack the most MPH - Memories Per Hour!
- All ages are welcome
- The guide encourages input so that your experience is customized to your liking
- It is highly recommended to plan this trip in the summer months
This private tour is for 1-12 participants, depending on the option selected.
This experience is for booked participants only.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Bring warm clothes, a windbreaker, a hat, sunglasses and a towel. Even in the summer months, the breeze off the water is cool.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What are the best months to go?
For this experience it is highly recommended to go during the summer. The best months are July through September. During these months you will have the best chance to see Blue Whales. Blue Whales are much bigger than Gray Whales. Gray Whales are more common during the winter.
Are there any age restrictions?
All ages are welcome!
Other San Diego Gift Ideas:(View all 79 San Diego experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(31)From: $66
- San Diego Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $123
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $87
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $299
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(20)From: $105
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $273
- Sights & Sips Sunset CruiseFrom: $86
- Downtown San Diego Brewery TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $125
- All San Diego Experiences
"Russell was absolutely incredible! We had the experience of a lifetime. The boat was top of the line. We could not have asked for a better skipper and blue whale "whisperer." If you are looking for someone who not only understands the biggest mammal on earth but also, respects the blue whales and the ocean, Russell is your man. He will give you an intimate experience with the big blue! We were fortunate enough to see 6 different blues on our trip. 2 deep dives with tail fins and some 300 common dolphin! A trip we'll never forget! We'll be back Russell!!! "
"We had a great time. The day was fun and the captain was very knowledgeable and helpful to make the excursion our own."