Mid-March through November:
Thursday through Monday -10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
December through Mid-March:
Saturday & Sunday - 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- A 100% tree-based adventure featuring 8 zip lines, 2 rappelling experiences, 4 suspended sky bridges and 3 short hikes
- Ranked by USA Today as one of the Top 10 Zipline experiences in America, winner of 2 Best of L.A. awards
- Explore the forest from 2 feet to over 300 feet in the air with two professionally trained canopy guides
- The perfect combination of a thrilling adventure in a scenic natural environment!
Nestled in the beautiful San Gabriel Mountains, this zipline canopy tour will send you soaring through the sky as you travel from one tree platform to the next.
Slow down and take in the sites from artfully crafted suspended sky bridges, and get your blood pumping as you step over the edge of a platform and rappel to the ground below.
Along the way, your professionally trained canopy guides will share insights on the environment and local history, leaving you with a greater appreciation for this mountainous gem hidden just outside bustling Southern California.
- 8 ziplines, ranging from 200 to 1500 feet in length (the final zipline is a dual side-by-side racing zip)
- 2 rappelling experiences
- 4 suspended sky bridges
- 3 short hikes
- Breathtaking long-range views of the Mojave Desert and peaks in the San Bernardino mountain range from artfully crafted tree platforms
- Participants must weigh between 90 - 250 pounds and be in good health
- Due to the nature of this activity, participants can not be pregnant or under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or certain prescription medications
- Participants must be able to walk one mile, hold both hands overhead, and have strength to pull yourself along the cable
- Participants must be at least 10 years of age
- Those under 18 years of age must have a participant agreement signed by a parent or legal guardian
- Participants under 14 years of age must be accompanied by parent or guardian on the tour
You may be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 8 participants per tour. For groups larger than 6, please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather conditions, including closed toed shoes. In cold weather we recommend wearing thin, liner style gloves and ear warmers.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 10 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 5 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 5 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is this experience safe?
Safety is the top priority for your experience provider. They are a member of the American National Standards Institute accredited Association for Challenge Course Technologies (ACCT) and meet or exceed all ACCT standards for construction, operations and training.
All canopy guides are required to attend a rigorous 50-70+ hour technical training and pass a written and practical test prior to guiding. All guides are certified in First Aid, CPR and AED use.
How high is the canopy tour?
The course varies in height from 2 feet to over 300 feet above the ground. The greatest heights are reached while zipping across ziplines. The highest platform is situated high in a tree platform 95 feet above the ground.
How long are the ziplines?
The 8 ziplines on the course vary from 250 feet to 1500 feet in length. The tour ends with a side-by-side racing zipline!
How long is the tour?
Your total tour experience (from gear up to gear down) will last 3.5 to 4 hours. Your time in the trees will be approximately 3 hours.
Does the tour run in the rain?
Yes, and you will find that experiencing the San Gabriels in the rain is a truly invigorating experience. Forests come to life in the rain! Tours will be cancelled in the event of severe weather, such as lightning or sustained high winds. If your tour is cancelled, you'll be able to reschedule directly with your tour guide. Please dress appropriately for the weather.
What should I wear?
Wear clothing that is appropriate for the weather, and perhaps bring a few layering options along with you in the car. You are required to wear closed toed shoes, and short shorts and tank tops are not recommended.
If it's rainy, feel free to bring along a rain jacket and/or pants. You are gonna get wet and have a blast! (Note that ponchos are not allowed, as they are loose, bulky nature interferes with safety gear.)
In cold weather, it is suggested that you wear thin, liner style gloves that can be worn under the required work-style gloves that we provide. A wind resistant outer layer is helpful, as well as stocking caps or low profile ear warmers that are able to be worn under our helmets.
Can I wear my glasses?
Yes, but you might consider wearing an eye-glass strap to ensure that your glasses do not fall off. Straps are available for purchase on-site in the retail area.
Do I have to be physically fit in order to participate?
This tour requires a certain degree of physical fitness and health. Participants must be in good health in order to participate in this active tour. Participants must also be able to walk at least one mile. You must have the strength to pull your body weight along a cable and slow yourself using a glove to create friction on the cable.
Other San Diego Gift Ideas:(View all 78 San Diego experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourFrom: $66Avg Rating of: 4-half(25)
- North County Brewery TourFrom: $125Avg Rating of: 4-half(2)
- Downtown San Diego Brewery TourFrom: $125
- NASCAR Ride AlongFrom: $130
- Drive a NASCARFrom: $499
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)From: $105Avg Rating of: 5(12)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $263Avg Rating of: 5(6)
- San Diego Dinner CruiseFrom: $121Avg Rating of: 5(10)
- Champagne Brunch CruiseFrom: $84Avg Rating of: 4-half(6)
- All San Diego Experiences
"It was an amazing experience. In terms of zip lining ... you couldn't call it just zip lining, it was definitely EXTREME zip lining. So much fun and definitely something that myself and the kids have crossed off our bucket list. The guides (Pohai and Nick) were amazing, funny and shared so much information about the strength of the zip lines, fun facts about the trees and the area, and had a great sense of humor where they injected it at several points of the tour. The pictures and experience were amazing and we'd definitely recommend!"
"Justin and the awesome girl that went with us were phenomenal!!! Definitely will schedule another tour! Thanks for such a great day!"
"My adventure was excellent. The guides, Ben and Andrew, were so friendly and knowledgeable not only about what they were doing but also the local flora and fauna. Ben and Andrew were also especially attentive with me, as I am afraid of heights and they made sure I was comfortable during the entire time. I am so pleased to have met them and to have done this."