Pier 39 - San Francisco, CA
January - November
Scheduled upon request, based on Captain's availability
- Nationally recognized byThe New York Times, Huffington Post, and The Washington Times
- Sailing enthusiasts and land-lovers alike will experience a hands-on sailing excursion aboard America's Cup competitor,the USA 76
- Whether you're looking for the adrenaline rush from competitive sailing or simply want time on the water, the private charter will appeal to you and your friends!
Gather your closest friends and best deck-hands for an exhilarating adventure aboard a real-life America's Cup competitor!
A private charter of the USA 76 provides the opportunity to try your hand at sailing with a very hands on approach. You can assist with hoisting sail and steering the helm or choose to sit back and simply enjoy the wind in your hair as you sail through the San Francisco Bay!
The USA 76is an impressive 84-foot sailing yacht that competed in the 31st America's Cup in 2003 and is owned by five-time veteran and two-time America's Cup winner, Brad Webb. Equipped with an 115 foot mast and a total surface area of 2,800 feet of sail, the USA 76 is the envy of the bay.
Climb aboard and experience a couple hours of the exhilarating world of America's Cup style sailing with the company of your choice on the private charter!
Great for birthdays, team-building experiences, or entertaining friends!
The ship boards 10 minutes prior to departure time, and passengers must arrive at the dock at least 30 minutes before the departure time.
A 10% gratuity for your captain and crew members is included in the price of this experience.
Light snacks and bottled water will be served on board.
Passengers for the America's Cup Private Charter must be at least 5 years old.
Minimum of 8 passengers to run the trip, trips below this minimum are subject to cancellation. Maximum of 20 passengers.
This experience is to be enjoyed by the participants only.
The ship sails in most weather conditions. A trip is only cancelled in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail, by the Captain, up to 1 hour prior to sail time. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions on the day of your experience. In the event of a cancelled sail, passengers will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
What to Wear:
Dress is typically casual. The temperature can be cooler out on the water, so dress accordingly. We ask that passengers wear closed-toed shoes such as sneakers or deck shoes. Please no sandals or high-heels as there is a lot of movement on the yacht.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed 48 hours prior to your scheduled experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or reschedule with your experience provider at least 48 hours prior will result in the loss of the value of your America's Cup Private Charter experience.
Will I get seasick?
Most passengers do not experience seasickness. The USA 76 is a stable yacht, designed for cutting through waves rather than riding up and over them.
Is there a restroom on board?
There is not a restroom on board. Restroom facilities are available at the pier prior to the sail.
Can I bring food and drinks on board?
Light snacks and bottled water will be served on board. The USA 76 is a racing yacht, and the experience is typically an active, hands-on sail. It is recommended not to bring food or additional drinks on board.
What if there is no wind?
In the unlikely event of no wind in San Francisco Bay, you will reschedule directly with your Captain.
Will I get wet?
This is a hands-on sailing experience, and there is a possibility of getting splashed. Appropriate gear is provided to keep you dry.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 104 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(37)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $220
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences