Pier 39 - San Francisco, CA
January - November:
*Departure times may vary
Click here for schedule
If you're in search of a thrilling adventure and a glorious daytime sail on the bay, climb aboard the USA 76, San Francisco's own America's Cup Sailing competition-level ship!
- Owned by previous bowman for the Oracle team and two-time America's Cup winner
- Featured in The New York Times, Huffington Post and The Washington Times
- The 2.5-hour sail introduces you to the world of competitive racing with a hands-on approach
- Hoist the sail or simply sit back and enjoy the best views of the Golden Gate Bridge from the water!
Cross another "to-do" off your bucket list as you race through the waves on the San Francisco Bay aboard the America's Cup Sailing yacht, the USA 76.
This adrenaline-pumping 2.5-hour adventure is designed for land-lovers looking to try their hand at hoisting sail, steering the helm, and honing in on some skills at sea! If you're looking for a more leisurely ride, feel free to sit back and relax. But don't get too comfortable, you might be asked to swap seats and join in on the fun of balancing the boat!
City-dwellers and sea-folk alike will enjoy time on the 84-foot racing yacht, sailing the bay and taking in the amazing views of San Francisco.
Dust off those deck shoes and embark on San Francisco's finest America's Cup Sailing adventure!
- Passengers should arrive at the dock at least 15 minutes prior to boarding time
- The ship boards 10 minutes prior to departure time
- Light snacks and bottled water will be served on board
- Gratuity for your captain and crew members is not included but is appreciated if you enjoy the experience
- Passengers must be at least 5 years old to enjoy the America's Cup Sailing experience
Minimum of 8 passengers to run the trip, trips below this minimum are subject to cancellation. Maximum of up to 20 Participants.
This experience is to be enjoyed by the passengers only.
The ship sails in most weather conditions. A trip is only cancelled in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail, by the Captain, and may be determined up to 1 hour prior to sail time. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions on the day of your experience. In the event of a cancelled sail, passengers will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
What to Wear:
Dress is typically casual. The temperature can be cooler out on the water, so dress accordingly. We ask that passengers wear closed-toed shoes such as sneakers or deck shoes. Please no sandals or high-heels as there is a lot of movement on the yacht.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed 72 hours prior to your scheduled experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or reschedule with your experience provider at least 72 hours prior will result in the loss of the value of your America's Cup Sailing experience.
Will I get seasick?
Most passengers do not experience seasickness. The USA 76 is a stable yacht, designed for cutting through waves rather than riding up and over them.
Is there a restroom on board?
There is not a restroom on board. Restroom facilities are available at the pier prior to the sail.
What if there is no wind?
In the unlikely event of no wind in the San Francisco Bay, you will reschedule directly with your Captain.
Will I get wet?
This is a hands-on sailing experience, and there is a possibility of getting splashed. Appropriate gear is provided to keep you dry.
Can I bring food and drinks on board?
Captain and crew will provide water and light snacks on board. The USA 76 is a racing yacht, and the experience is an active, hands-on sail. It is recommended to not bring food on board.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 106 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $60
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $102
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $165
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $90
- All San Francisco Experiences
"This was a fun and thrilling ride through the Bay with great views of San Francisco! We got to help with the sails and steer the boat which was a lot harder then we anticipated! Overall was well worth it and really fun experience."
"It was great, and my guest had a wonderful time!"
"Everything was great with booking this sailing trip. It was more than we had hoped for. The crew was super friendly and helpful. This sailing trip was more than expected. Well done everyone involved."