San Francisco, CA
Tuesdays - 6:30 PM
- Led by bay area locals, your guides will show the hidden gems of Little Italy and Chinatown all in one tour
- Highlights include Chinese temples, a fortune cookie factory, Columbus Tower, the Barbary Coast, Beat Generation hangouts and more
- Discover two of the most popular and unique districts in beautiful San Francisco!
Experience multiple cultures in a single tour on the Evening Chinatown and North Beach Food Tour!
On the 3 hour walking tour, you'll first navigate the side streets and alleyways of Chinatown learning about the culture, people and history of San Francisco's oldest quarter.
Chinatown highlights may include (and are subject to change):
- The oldest Chinese temple in America
- Food samples from multiple authentic eateries
- Former night clubs of the the '40s and '50s
- Past opium dens and gambling halls
- Chinese street musicians
After the culturally rich tour of Chinatown, you'll cross the street and travel to North Beach, also known as San Fran's Little Italy.
Now home to some of the liveliest nightclubs and bars in town, North Beach has deep roots with the Beat Generation and literary movements of the '40s and '50s.
During this portion of the tour, you'll discover the lively past and present of Little Italy. Featured highlights may include (and are subject to change):
- Locally owned ristorantes and cafes
- Pottery shops
- Delicious food samples
- Italian bakeries
- A secret rooftop stop in the heart of the neighborhood
With the experience and knowledge of your local guide you'll get an insider's look of two very different cultures right across the street from each other. The Evening Chinatown and North Beach Food Tour is the perfect combination tour!
Gratuity for the tour guide is not included but is appreciated if you enjoy the experience.
Up to 14 participants per tour.
This experience is for only those on the tour.
This experience is not weather dependent. In the event of inclement weather, you will be able to go inside many of the establishments on the tour.
What to Wear:
Participants are encouraged to dress in '20s or '30s themed attire for the historic tour. You do not have to wear a themed outfit, but your guides are avid collectors and vintage clothing enthusiasts!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance of intended date of use.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings for this experience are final. Failure to appear on your booked date will result in the loss of the value of the experience.
What is included in the price?
Food and drinks throughout the tour are included in the price of the ticket. Your guide will lead you through two famous San Francisco districts pointing out historical and fun facts of the area!
Are children allowed on the tour?
This tour is not recommended for children under the age of 12, however if you would like your child to join you on the tour please contact Cloud 9 Living at 866-525-6839 with any questions.
How much walking is involved?
Participants can expect to walk approximately 1.5 miles on the Chinatown and North Beach Food Tour.
What should I bring with me on the tour?
It is recommended to bring a bottle of water, your camera and extra cash for gratuity, shopping or any food you'd like to purchase on the tour.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 104 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $60
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences
"Very pleased. Dan (our guide) took special care of our grandchildren, which is why we booked this activity. In hindsight, considering the tip we felt Dan deserved, the activity seems over-priced. For that reason I would hesitate recommending it to someone else."