April - October:
Monday, Wednesday and Fridays - 9:30 AM
Marvel at the beauty of California Wine Country as you cycle through endless rows of grapevines on the Cycle in the Vineyards Tour!
- Guides are a Trip Advisor "2014 Certificate of Excellence" award recipients
- Moderate level of biking experience required
- Enjoy multiple tastings at 2 family-owned wineries
- Guided half-day tour offers picturesque landscapes and a truly unique Napa Valley experience!
Experience a truly unique adventure and special access to family-owned wineries on the Cycle in the Vineyards Tour.
Your half-day excursion through rows of grapes in the Carneros District will begin with an introduction to your friendly and knowledgeable guide and fellow wine enthusiasts.
Once you're properly fitted to a top-of-the line bicycle you'll begin your journey to the first winery. You'll pedal approximately 2-4 miles to the next stop in between tastings.
This tour is designed for adventurous, yet casual riders but a certain level of biking experience and confidence is needed to ride the unpaved terrain of the vineyards.
On the tour, you'll cruise near a federally designated wildlife preserve. Keep your eyes open for wetland birds that may include herons, mallards and egrets, among other wildlife.
The Cycle in the Vineyards Tour is the perfect outing for wine and biking enthusiasts in search of a unique adventure!
- Wine tasting fees are not included
- Tasting fees may vary but the average cost per tasting is $15-$25 at each winery (some wineries will waive tasting fees with a minimum purchase)
- Participants must be 21 years of age with a valid ID
- Biking experience is required
- Expect to bike an average of 2-4 miles between each winery visit
4 - 4.5 hours, approximately 9:30 AM - 1:30 / 2:00 PM
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 12 per tour. For groups larger than 6, please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is for participants only.
This tour will take place in rain or shine. The normal route through the vineyards may change in the event of rain. On rainy days, tours will be altered to mostly paved roads. In the rare event of a cancelled tour due to inclement weather, you will be able to reschedule directly with the experience provider.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Cycling shorts/pants, sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 7 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and/or rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Which wineries will we visit?
The wineries visited will be selected based on the time of the year, tasting room availability and various other factors. You will visit three wineries in total. Your guide will inform you of the list of wineries on the day of your experience.
How far will we ride on the tour?
You can expect to ride approximately 10 miles total during the half day tour. The pace will be casual and customized to the groups needs.
What is included in the price?
High-end bicycle, helmet and guide are all included in the price of this experience.
How much are the tasting fees at each winery?
Wine tasting fees at most California wineries range from $15-$25. Some wineries will waive tasting fees with a minimum purchase.
Are there any age restrictions?
This tour is recommended for participants over the age of 21, however all ages are welcome.
What happens if I don't want to ride anymore?
A support van will be available during the tour. If needed, participants are welcome to ride in the van at any time.
Do I need riding experience?
This tour is not designed for novice bike riders. The off-road biking through the vineyards requires more dexterity and confidence. Moderate riding experience is required.
What kind of bike will be provided?
The majority will ride the Specialized Sirrus hybrid. This touring bike offers all of the efficiency of a road bike, while being comfortable for casual riders. For experienced cyclists high-performance road bikes can be provided.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 104 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $60
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences