San Francisco, CA
April - October:
Daily - 9:00,10:30 AM &12:30,2:00, 4:00 PM
November - March:
Daily -10:00,11:30 AM &1:30, 3:00 PM
- Guided by San Francisco's original Segway Tour company, with over 8 years experience guiding clients on this exciting new mode of transport
- See the sites of the 1000+ acre park including The Conservatory of Flowers, Stow Lake, The Music Concourse and more
- Explore this historic park on this exciting new mode of transportation and have a blast!
Enjoy a Golden Gate Park guided Segway tour with the exclusive licensed Segway tour operator in the park!
After a 35-40 minute training session on how to safely operate the Segway, you will set off to explore the 1,000+ acre park. This fully narrated Segway journey will take you to see the park's best views and hidden locations while learning about the history of this oasis in the city.
The seven mile tour route explores the eastern section of the park on winding trails and bike routes. On this tour, you will see the area's landmarks and learn about:
- The transformation starting in the 1870's of a bleak sand dune area into the lush park you see today
- The Music Concourse and Temple of Music
- The California Academy of Sciences
- The de Young Museum
- The Japanese Tea Garden and the California Midwinter International Exposition of 1894
- The Conservatory of Flowers
- Hidden sights including the Lily Pond, Storybook Cross and Fern Grotto
- The historic Carousel and Sharon Art Studios
- San Francisco Botanical Gardens
- The National AIDS Memorial
- Shakespeare Garden
- Stow Lake and Strawberry Hill
- and much more!
This tour is great for locals and visitors alike. You will enjoy a great opportunity to ride a Segway while exploring one of the largest urban parks in the U.S.
Segway is a registered trademark of Segway Inc.
- Participants must be 12 years of age or older.
- Participants must weigh between 100 and 250 pounds.
- Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- If you are concerned about mobility issues please call Cloud 9 Living to discuss, we want every rider to have a safe tour.
- Pregnant guests are not permitted on the tour.
- Must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail. You will be standing for 2 hours.
- Participants are required to wear the helmet and safety vest that is provided on the tour.
- Participants will have to sign a liability waiver upon check-in.
- Tour participants must complete the Segway rider training and test ride session.
- Respect road signs, pedestrians, bikes and cars for a safe and enjoyable ride.
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 10 per tour. For groups larger than 4 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience typically runs rain or shine, but in the event of severe weather conditions, it may be cancelled. Please contact your experience provider directly regarding weather.
What to Wear:
Participants should wear comfortable closed-toe flat shoes and certainly no high heels, sandals or flip flops. It is also recommended to wear an extra layer of warm, wind resistant clothing. Gloves are recommended during the winter months. With the chilly wind, wet fog and damp environment along the waterfront, shorts and a t-shirt are not a good idea. Each Segway has a small handlebar storage bag for cameras, light jackets and purses. Backpacks or bulky bags will not fit in the handlebar bags. Please leave bulky backpacks at home.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance of intended date of use.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 7 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 7 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
What is a Segway? How does it work?
The Segway Human Transporter is the first of its kind - a self-balancing, personal transportation device designed to go anywhere people do. Easy to use and operate, the two-wheeled Segway sports high-tech gyroscopes that monitor your balance 100 times a second and automatically respond to your body's movements. To move forward, the rider simply leans forward. To stop or move backwards, the rider leans back slightly. The rider glides smoothly as the Segway senses where you want to go. The Lean Steer i2 Segways are used on this tour.
Are there any rider requirements?
All guests must be age 12 or older and weigh at least 100 lbs. and under 250 lbs. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian. Guests must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without any assistance, which requires similar physical abilities to climbing and descending stairs without assistance or use of a handrail. Pregnant guests are not permitted to participate due to fall risk. All guests must be able to stand on the Segway for up to 2 hours.
What should I wear? I've heard it is cold in San Francisco during the Summer.
It can be cold in San Francisco! Dress comfortably and in layers. Highly recommended: Comfortable closed toe flat shoes (no high heels, sandals, shape-ups, z-coils or flip flops) and an extra layer of warm, wind resistant clothing. Gloves are recommended during the winter months. With the chilly wind, wet fog and damp environment along the waterfront shorts and a t-shirt are not a good idea. Each Segway has a very small handlebar storage bag for cameras, light jackets and purses. Backpacks or bulky bags will not fit in the handlebar bags. Please leave bulky backpacks at home.
What if it's foggy or rainy the day of my tour?
San Francisco is famous for the fog! Segway tours run in fog, light rain or shine. We always suggest multiple layers of warm clothing for any San Francisco activity. Even Summer afternoons can be in the 50's. Rain gear is available for those infrequent rainy days. Segways are designed to run in any weather. In the rare case of a tour cancellation due to a severe rain, you will be able to reschedule directly with the experience provider.
Is guide gratuity included in the tour price?
Guide gratuities are not included in the tour price and are completely at the discretion of the guest. Similar to service businesses all over the United States, gratuities are a small part of the compensation the staff receives. If you choose to give your guide a gratuity, it would be much appreciated.
Does the tour make restroom stops?
There are restrooms at the start location. The tour will make at least one restroom stop on the tour after beginning training.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 104 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(37)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $220
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences