San Francisco, CA
Wednesdays & Fridays - 10:30 AM
Saturdays - 2:00 PM
- Your friendly and knowledgeable guides have been featured in USA Today, SF Weekly, The Daily Candy San Francisco and The Wall Street Journal
- Enjoy a walking tour through San Francisco's waterfront area, where Ghiradelli first set up shop during the gold rush
- Learn about what makes fine chocolate, its health benefits and all the latest trends in chocolate making
- Visit 7 of the city's finest chocolate boutiques with generous tastings at each
Do you love fine chocolate? You've come to the right city, because San Francisco is at the center of the new wave of artisan chocolatiers.
The city's chocolatiers are experimenting with high quality beans, new methods of production, exotic fillings and breathtaking packaging.
You'll learn about what makes fine chocolate and sample form a wide array of San Francisco gourmet chocolate boutiques. Your chocolate obsessed guide will fill you in on the history of chocolate, its health benefits and all the latest trends. All while strolling through San Francisco's historic waterfront area, where Ghiradelli first set up shop during the gold rush.
All guests will receive a Chocolate Lover Card entitling you to discounts and VIP treatment at 9 different San Francisco chocolate boutiques.
Visit a variety of chocolate boutiques, which may include:
- Dark chocolate tasting from America's first small batch chocolate maker
- Assorted truffles from a beloved local chocolatier who showcases fresh, farmer's market ingredients
- Blind chocolate bar tasting at a specialty newsstand that carries 225 different bars from 15 different countries
- Champagne truffles by Oprah's favorite Swiss chocolatier
- Hot chocolate from a Belgian chocolatier known for its delectable butter creams
- Unique ganaches from a chocolateria dedicated to finding exceptional chocolates from small, family-owned makers around the world
- Rich confections from local artisan chocolate maker's new flagship location
- Participants are encouraged to bring water in a refillable bottle for the tour
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included, but is appreciated if you enjoy the tour
- Participants will be required to walk approximately 1.5 mile at a casual pace on a relatively flat route
- Tours require a minimum of 4 participants to run
You may be accompanied by up to 14 people on the tour.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is not weather dependent and is held rain or shine. It is recommended to bring an umbrella and dress appropriately for weather conditions. Always contact your experience provider with any questions regarding weather.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for walking and weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and have received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and no rescheduling or cancellations will be allowed.
Are the tours good for San Francisco natives?
Definitely! Locals have a great time on this tour and often attend when family or friends are in town, or when celebrating a special occasion. You'll visit off-beaten path shops and restaurants and learn new things about your city.
What if I have dietary restrictions, am vegitarian, vegan...?
Let us know at the time of booking and remind your tour guide again at the start of your tour. Best efforts will be made to make appropriate substitutions when available.
Are cameras allowed?
Absolutely! Guests are encouraged to take plenty of pictures!
How hard is the walk?
The tour will span roughly 1.5 miles, so participants should be comfortable walking at a leisurely pace. There are no major hills on the tour route.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
Yes, please let us know when booking your tour if you will have a wheelchair.
What happens if it rains?
Tours are held rain or shine regardless of weather conditions. It is recommended to bring an umbrella and dress appropriately for weather conditions. And don't worry, you will stay cozy and dry inside the shops and restaurants.
Is gratuity included?
Gratuity is not included and is greatly appreciated. 15-20% is customary in the tourism industry.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 100 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseFrom: $55Avg Rating of: 5(22)
- Learn to Fly Big SurFrom: $279Avg Rating of: 3-half(5)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Gourmet Chocolate TourFrom: $55Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- Champagne Brunch CruiseFrom: $96Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseFrom: $154Avg Rating of: 4(10)
- America's Cup SailingFrom: $140Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Performance Racing Prosail 40 CruiseFrom: $210
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate TourFrom: $85Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- All San Francisco Experiences
"Great, learned a lot, had fun."
"I was very impressed with the tour. I thought the cost was excellent based on the experience and amount of samples that were given. It was nicely structured and even though it was a busy Saturday it didn't feel crowded or rushed. I will definitely recommend this tour and plan to try another 1 or 2 myself. Thanks for a great experience. This was a gift I got for someone else and it was a huge hit."
"Our guide was sincerely friendly and helpful - A real people person. She was flexible with my wife and I (we were late due to traffic), and was extremely helpful guiding us to meet the group. She was extraordinarily knowledgeable with regards to the tour itself, and many other things about the city of San Francisco and its rich history. I can't express how enjoyable she made the whole experience just with her personality and livelihood! I sincerely appreciated the helpfulness of the staff in booking my tour on such short notice (2 days!), and being so accommodating with my schedule. It was the last day of our vacation in San Fran, and I couldn't have ended it any better than the tour. The tour itself was a great experience I'd love to repeat. I learned a great deal while meeting friendly new people along the way. My only gripe, if it is one, is that I didn't know the tour would end somewhere other than our starting point. The route taken was certainly efficient, but getting back was kind of tricky (even though our guide gave very clear directions). I rarely review experiences and take surveys, but I'm also so rarely this pleased by my experiences of this nature. Cloud 9 and Chocolate Tours get 5 stars for this experience. I'll definitely be looking at other experiences and adventures through Cloud 9!"