Gourmet Chocolate Tour
Tours start at Justin Herman Plaza, San Francisco, CA
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 10:30 AM, and Saturdays at 2:00 PM; excluding holidays.
- Your friendly and knowledgeable guides have been featured in USA Today, SF Weekly, The Daily Candy San Francisco and The Wall Street Journal
- Enjoy a walking tour through San Francisco's waterfront area, where Ghiradelli first set up shop during the gold rush
- Learn about what makes fine chocolate, its health benefits and all the latest trends in chocolate making
- Visit 7 of the city's finest chocolate boutiques with generous tastings at each
Do you love fine chocolate? You've come to the right city, because San Francisco is at the center of the new wave of artisan chocolatiers.
The city's chocolatiers are experimenting with high quality beans, new methods of production, exotic fillings and breathtaking packaging.
You'll learn about what makes fine chocolate and sample form a wide array of San Francisco gourmet chocolate boutiques. Your chocolate obsessed guide will fill you in on the history of chocolate, its health benefits and all the latest trends. All while strolling through San Francisco's historic waterfront area, where Ghiradelli first set up shop during the gold rush.
All guests will receive a Chocolate Lover Card entitling you to discounts and VIP treatment at 9 different San Francisco chocolate boutiques.
Visit a variety of chocolate boutiques, which may include:
- Dark chocolate tasting from America's first small batch chocolate maker
- Assorted truffles from a beloved local chocolatier who showcases fresh, farmer's markets ingredients
- Blind chocolate bar tasting at a specialty newsstand that carries 225 different bars from 15 different countries
- Champagne truffles by Oprah's favorite Swiss chocolatier
- Hot chocolate from a Belgian chocolatier known for its delectable butter creams
- Unique ganaches from a chocolateria dedicated to finding exceptional chocolates from small, family-owned makers around the world
- Rich confections from local artisan chocolate maker's new flagship location
Participants are encouraged to bring water in a refillable bottle for the tour.
Gratuity for your tour guide is not included and is appreciated if you enjoy the tour.
Participants will be required to walk approximately 1.5 mile on a relatively flat route.
Tour dates require a minimum of 4 participants to run.
This experience is not weather dependent and is held rain or shine regardless of weather conditions. Please bring an umbrella during the winter months, just in case. Always contact your experience provider with any questions about weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for walking and weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and have received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and no rescheduling or cancellations will be allowed.
Are the tours good for San Francisco natives?
Definitely! Locals have a great time on this tour and often attend when family or friends are in town, or when celebrating a special occasion. You'll visit off-beaten path shops and restaurants and learn new things about your city.
Are cameras allowed?
Absolutely! We love it when participants take pictures and post them to our Wall of Fame or on our Facebook page.
How hard is the walk?
Most reasonably active people should be able to handle this walk. There are no major hills.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
Yes, please let us know when booking your tour if you will have a wheelchair.
Does the tour end in the same location as the meeting location?
No, the tour ends near the meeting location, but not at the exact same location. Your guide will provide detailed directions for you the day of the tour.
Other San Francisco Experiences:(View all 89 San Francisco experiences)
"It was fun, interesting, tasty, not terribly difficult to walk, an absolutely perfect walking tour. Highly recommendable!"
"Our gourmet chocolate tour in San Francisco was awesome. The weather was nice and made for a perfect day for walking. Our guide Elizabeth was exceptional! She shared so much information about, not only chocolate and cocoa beans, but very interesting facts about the city. It was great to find the gem of a "fine chocolate" niche in the Fog City News stand. Try the ZOTTER Scotch Whisky Bar...Yummy! I can hardly wait to impress my family and friends with my new gained knowledge of where chocolate came from and which bars are truely the ones they need to try."
"Marnie was delightful."