San Francisco, CA
Wednesdays & Fridays - 10:30 AM
Saturdays - 2:00 PM
- Your friendly and knowledgeable guides have been featured in USA Today, SF Weekly, The Daily Candy San Francisco and The Wall Street Journal
- Enjoy a walking tour through San Francisco's waterfront area, where Ghiradelli first set up shop during the gold rush
- Learn about what makes fine chocolate, its health benefits and all the latest trends in chocolate making
- Visit 7 of the city's finest chocolate boutiques with generous tastings at each
Do you love fine chocolate? You've come to the right city, because San Francisco is at the center of the new wave of artisan chocolatiers.
The city's chocolatiers are experimenting with high quality beans, new methods of production, exotic fillings and breathtaking packaging.
You'll learn about what makes fine chocolate and sample from a wide array of San Francisco gourmet chocolate boutiques. Your chocolate obsessed guide will fill you in on the history of chocolate, its health benefits and all the latest trends. All while strolling through San Francisco's historic waterfront area, where Ghiradelli first set up shop during the gold rush.
All guests will receive a Chocolate Lover Card entitling you to discounts and VIP treatment at 9 different San Francisco chocolate boutiques.
Visit a variety of chocolate boutiques, which may include:
- Dark chocolate tasting from America's first small batch chocolate maker
- Assorted truffles from a beloved local chocolatier who showcases fresh, farmer's market ingredients
- Blind chocolate bar tasting at a specialty newsstand that carries 225 different bars from 15 different countries
- Champagne truffles by Oprah's favorite Swiss chocolatier
- Hot chocolate from a Belgian chocolatier known for its delectable butter creams
- Unique ganaches from a chocolateria dedicated to finding exceptional chocolates from small, family-owned makers around the world
- Rich confections from local artisan chocolate maker's new flagship location
- Participants are encouraged to bring water in a refillable bottle for the tour
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included, but is appreciated if you enjoy the tour
- Participants will be required to walk approximately 1.5 mile at a casual pace on a relatively flat route
- Tours require a minimum of 4 participants to run
You may be accompanied by up to 14 people on the tour.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is not weather dependent and is held rain or shine. It is recommended to bring an umbrella and dress appropriately for weather conditions. Always contact your experience provider with any questions regarding weather.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for walking and weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and have received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and no rescheduling or cancellations will be allowed.
Are the tours good for San Francisco natives?
Definitely! Locals have a great time on this tour and often attend when family or friends are in town, or when celebrating a special occasion. You'll visit off-beaten path shops and restaurants and learn new things about your city.
What if I have dietary restrictions, am vegitarian, vegan...?
Let us know at the time of booking and remind your tour guide again at the start of your tour. Best efforts will be made to make appropriate substitutions when available.
Are cameras allowed?
Absolutely! Guests are encouraged to take plenty of pictures!
How hard is the walk?
The tour will span roughly 1.5 miles, so participants should be comfortable walking at a leisurely pace. There are no major hills on the tour route.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
Yes, please let us know when booking your tour if you will have a wheelchair.
What happens if it rains?
Tours are held rain or shine regardless of weather conditions. It is recommended to bring an umbrella and dress appropriately for weather conditions. And don't worry, you will stay cozy and dry inside the shops and restaurants.
Is gratuity included?
Gratuity is not included and is greatly appreciated. 15-20% is customary in the tourism industry.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 103 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(37)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4(10)From: $279
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(19)From: $160
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $220
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences
"Wonderful experience! I love chocolate & enjoyed tasting so many chocolates. Marie was very informative & personable! I highly recommend this tour. "
"Stephanie was a great guide. Super-friendly and knowledgeable about chocolate and the city. I hated to see the tour end."
"Shane was great! We absolutely adored her. I loved that she brought a cupcake for my boyfriend's birthday. It was nice to be reminded of the history and architecture of San Francisco. It's easy to forget to pay attention to the details when we're in the city. There was a LOT of chocolate, but it was nice being able to have some for later! Overall, great experience! "