San Francisco, CA
Fridays and Sundays - 2:00 PM
- Your friendly and knowledgeable guides have been featured in USA Today, SF Weekly, The Daily Candy San Francisco and The Wall Street Journal
- Learn about the history of this neighborhood as you stroll past elegant Victorians and take in the area's character and charm
- Enjoy 7 delicious food and beverage tastings at specialty shops and restaurants
Are you looking for a fun and memorable way to spend an afternoon exploring San Francisco? Then join us on The Gourmet on Hayes Food Tour and explore one of the city's trendy and exciting new neighborhoods, Hayes Valley.
Your friendly guides will show you what's hot in the San Francisco food scene as you visit specialty shops and restaurants that are proud of their commitment to local and sustainable ingredients and handmade treats.
As you compare gourmet cheeses, participate in a craft beer tasting and indulge your sweet tooth, you'll gain an appreciation for a distinct neighborhood that most tourists never see.
You'll stroll past elegant Victorians and the San Francisco Zen Center, and you'll learn about the history of this neighborhood - where celebrity chefs coexist with Zen priests and coffee cult fanatics.
You'll taste and chat with other food-loving guests and leave the tour with a host of memories and restaurant recommendations for your next trip to Hayes Valley.
Taste a wide variety of gourmet foods and drinks which may include:
- Seasonal ice cream made before your eyes by liquid nitrogen
- Greek sandwiches from a new neighborhood eatery inspired by the souvlaki joints found throughout Greece
- Artisanal salumi and bread from the "first couple of charcuterie"
- Bahn mi sandwiches from an upscale Vietnamese street food cafe
- Gingerbread cupcakes voted "Best Cupcake in America" by Food Network
- Gourmet cheese tasting with wine from a French garden cafe
- Craft beer flight (or wine) from a speakeasy inspired lounge
- All participants must be at least 21 years of age
- Participants are encouraged to bring water in a refillable bottle for the tour
- Gratuity for your guide is not included but is appreciated if you enjoy the tour
- Participants will be required to walk a little less than a mile at a leisurely pace on a relatively flat route
- Tours require a minimum of 4 participants to run
You may be accompanied by up to 12 people on the tour.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is not weather dependent and is held rain or shine. It is recommended to bring an umbrella and dress appropriately for weather conditions. Always contact your experience provider with any questions regarding weather.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for walking and weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and have received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and no rescheduling or cancellations will be allowed.
Are the tours good for San Francisco natives?
Definitely! Locals have a great time on this tour and often attend when family or friends are in town, or when celebrating a special occasion. You'll visit off-beaten path shops and restaurants and learn new things about your city.
What if I have dietary restrictions, am vegitarian, vegan...?
Let us know at the time of booking and remind your tour guide again at the start of your tour. Best efforts will be made to make appropriate substitutions when available.
Are cameras allowed?
Absolutely! Guests are encouraged to take plenty of pictures!
How hard is the walk?
The tour will span roughly 1 mile, so participants should be comfortable walking at a leisurely pace. There are no major hills on the tour route.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
Yes, please let us know when booking your tour if you will have a wheelchair.
What happens if it rains?
Tours are held rain or shine regardless of weather conditions. It is recommended to bring an umbrella and dress appropriately for weather conditions. And don't worry, you will stay cozy and dry inside the shops and restaurants.
Is gratuity included?
Gratuity is not included and is greatly appreciated. 15-20% is customary in the tourism industry.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 104 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(37)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $220
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences
"Ahmed was an ideal guide. He was knowledgeable and extremely personable. "
"Delightful. Would recommend this tour. Will be coming back to explore more."
"Everything went very well regarding the guide and the neighborhood. I thought the choice of food and the sequence in which we ate could have been better. We had three desserts and two sandwiches. I would suggest only one sandwich and one less dessert. Also we had two charcuteries, which should have been just one (skip the Fatted Pig). The other one was very nice but the wine served was barely a sip and everyone was thirsty. At the last stop, we had a wine sampler with no food, which would have been much better in the middle with the other savory dishes. I would have preferred having appetizers first, then savor with wine, and then end with desserts."