Union City, CA
Sunday through Friday - 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Easter Sunday and July 4th
- Learn from professional instructors, no experience necessary
- Begin with a brief training session and safety orientation
- Gear up in provided flight suit, goggles, and helmet
- Experience the thrilling sensation of soaring through the air, without having to jump from a plane!
No plane, no parachute, no problem! With Indoor Skydiving, you'll use a state of the art vertical wind tunnel to experience the freedom of flight - indoors!
Indoor skydiving is your chance to feel the amazing sensation of skydiving without jumping out of a plane! There is no falling sensation, you just float above the trampoline floor with ease.
Your Earn Your Wings experience starts out with a training class where you'll learn about flying in the wind tunnel and the use of your flight gear. Next, enjoy your flight rotations in the tunnel with one-on-one attention from your instructor and a flight certificate.
Indoor Skydiving is safe and fun and a great way for you to taste the thrill of skydiving without an airplane or parachute. No experience is necessary and just about anyone of any age can participate.
Earn Your Wings Package:1 participant receives 2 one-minute flights in the vertical wind tunnel, the equivalent flight time of 3 tandem skydives. You also get a training session, use of all the flight gear, hands on personal assistance from an instructor and a personalized flight certificate.
- Includes two, 1 minute flight rotations
- Flight gear is provided, including the flight suit, helmet, goggles, elbow/knee pads, and earplugs
- Participants cannot weigh more than 240 lbs
- Must be at least 3 years of age to participate
- Participants under the age of 18 will need a guardian present to sign a waiver
- Participants must not have a medical history of heart, neck or back problems; no history of shoulder dislocations; and must not be pregnant
- Glasses or contact lenses can be worn underneath the goggles
The entire flight experience lasts about 1.5 - 2 hours. 1 minute in the wind tunnel is equivalent to 1-2 real skydives. Many flyers find that each minute feels much longer, due to the adrenaline involved with flying in a 120 mph wind stream. Most people find 2-4 minutes to be an ideal amount for beginners.
There is 1 person in the wind tunnel at a time. For groups of more than 4 participants please contact Cloud 9 Living.
Spectators are encouraged to watch from the viewing area outside of the wind tunnel.
This experience takes place indoors and is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Please wear tightly laced athletic shoes and comfortable clothing.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 7 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 7 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is it safe?
It is extremely safe! There are no airplanes or parachutes to worry about. The highly trained instructors are right beside you, to assist you in learning basic maneuvers and to make sure you feel completely in control throughout the entire flight.
Is it scary?
Not at all! There's no jumping, falling or heights to worry about. You'll be flying only feet off the net, and within arms reach of your instructor.
How does it compare to skydiving?
Although the basics are quite easy to learn, more advanced tunnel fliers will tell you that it can be more challenging and rewarding than skydiving! Because it is an enclosed space, fliers become more disciplined with their maneuvers.
Is it tiring?
Most beginning fliers will begin to tire after 2 to 4 minutes of flight time. Physically speaking, it is a workout similar to swimming.
Can I do tricks and flips in the tunnel?
Customers can learn to do many exciting tricks with advanced training. During your first flights, your instructor will guide you through the basic maneuvers required to develop control and stability.
Can I fly with friends or family members?
You can be part of the same group class, which are made up of up to 12 people. While in the flight chamber, beginners fly alone with the help of the instructor.
What should I wear?
Before your flight, you'll be outfitted with a jumpsuit, goggles, a helmet, and earplugs. You should wear comfortable clothes and athletic shoes. If you wear glasses or contact lenses, you may use them underneath the goggles.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 104 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(37)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $220
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences