Reid Hillview Airport - San Jose, CA
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
Put yourself in the pilot's seat of a Decathlon aircraft for a thrilling Introduction to Aerial Acrobatics!
- Fly with FAA Certified Instructors with over 7,000 logged flight hours
- Learn how to safely maneuver loops, rolls, hammerheads, stalls and spins during the 1 hour flight lesson
- No experience necessary
- Take control of the aircraft and see if you have what it takes to be a Sport Pilot!
Ever wonder what it feels like to be the pilot of an aircraft as it spins and loops through the air? With an Introduction to Aerial Acrobatics Lesson, you'll learn how to maneuver a Decathlon aircraft and experience the thrill of a lifetime!
You'll begin your day with a meet and greet with a certified FAA pilot followed by approximately 30 minutes of basic ground school and flight instruction.
After learning about the various maneuvers, you'll take to the air and test your skills! Stunts during your one hour flight may include:
- Aileron and snap rolls
- Cuban eights
Your experienced instructor will also teach you how to recover from conditions such as wake turbulence.
The Introduction to Aerial Acrobatics Lesson will challenge you mentally and physically but most of all, leave you wanting more time in the pilot's seat of a sport aircraft!
- No experience necessary
- Maximum individual participant weight is 250 pounds
- It is recommended that participants are at least over 5'3"
- Participants under 18 will need to have a parent or guardian present to sign a waiver
1.5 hours total with 30 minutes of ground instruction and approximately 1 hour of flight time.
The aircraft can hold one student and the pilot.
Spectators are welcome to watch take-off and landing from the airport and are encouraged to take photos.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions, closed-toe shoes, and sunglasses are highly recommended. Also, don't forget to bring a camera!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed with at least 72 hours notice to your experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Will I get to fly the plane?
Yes! FAA requires that certified Pilots perform the takeoff and landing, but you will have control of the plane in the air.
Can I log my flight time?
Yes! Each flight counts as a lesson and can be logged toward a pilot certificate.
What do I need to bring with me?
You will need to bring a valid form of identification.
What if I don't want to aerobatically maneuver the whole time?
This experience is tailored to your comfort level. You'll have the opportunity to let your pilot know if you are not comfortable performing the maneuvers.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 106 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $60
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $102
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $165
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $90
- All San Francisco Experiences
"Incredible experience! Loved it. "
"As a thrill-seeker the aerial acrobatics flight is a MUST. Jim was an amazing pilot who has been doing this since 1987 and is incredibly friendly and trustworthy. I have done a lot of skydiving, cliff diving, motorcycle racing, hot air balloon bungee jumping -- BUT this was by far the most extreme and thrilling thing I've done. Simply incredible. Makes me want to be a pilot because I never knew that it was possible to do maneuvers like this. 10 out of 10. Would recommend this to anyone I think could handle it! And for those who are unsure if they can, Jim would certainly ease into it and not push you past your limits! "
"I flew with Andrew, and it was a blast. Such a great introduction to flying. Would definitely recommend. "