Intro to Rock Climbing
Castle Rock State Park or Mount Tamalpais, CA
Select dates only:
Click Here for Schedule
- Learn from professional guides with 21 years of experience who always put safety first
- Suitable for beginners and those hoping to learn new skills or refresh old techniques
- Instructors teach you safety tips, how top-rope climbing systems work, technique in belaying, how to tie knots and more
- Satisfy your adventurous spirit while getting a physical workout with this day of climbing outdoors!
Getting vertical in the world of climbing is like nothing else. With this Intro to Rock Climbing course you'll be able to test your skills and reach new heights!
There are so many different climbs out there that can accommodate all levels of experience, so rest assured, there is a climb for you!
This adventure is great for the total beginner looking to learn new skills, an intermediate gym climber or someone looking for a refresher. Throughout the day, your expert instructor will guide you and provide a lot of climbing time in a safe environment.
By the end of the course you will be fully versed in safety, technique, equipment and belaying. Expect to get a good workout and have a blast!
- No experience necessary
- Recommended for beginners or climbers with limited indoor climbing experience
- All necessary climbing and safety equipment is provided
- 2-3 quarts of water
- Food (sandwich, fruit, energy bars)
- Retainer straps for glasses
- Medium-size backpack to carry your items
- Consider bringing a tip for your instructor / guide for exceptional service
Approximately 6 hours
Group size may vary.
This experience is only for those booked for the course.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather conditions and shoes or boots with good traction.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 104 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $60
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences