Intro to Scratching Lesson
SOMA District - San Francisco, CA
Mondays - 6:00 PM
Saturdays - 2:00 PM
- DJ Studio has been featured on ABC News, Entertainment Weekly, SF Station, and SF Weekly
- Discover the art of scratching in a fun, hands-on group setting with a low student-to-teacher ratio!
- Whether you're new to the DJ scene or just want a refresher course, you'll be ready to show off your scratching skills in no time after the introductory lesson!
The best way to stop saying "wikki-wikki" out loud is to learn how to play it on the turntables!
The introductory scratching lesson is the first step to learning the equipment, techniques, and history of the art in a fun, hands-on group setting!
Professional instructors and producers with hits on Beatport, the largest DJ and electronic music community, will teach the basics of scratching with real turntables and digital controllers.
The 90-minute option will introduce participants to the basics of scratching, including the 15 must-know secrets about the art. It offers a hands-on experience in a fun, group setting. Enjoy complimentary beverages while you let your creative juices flow!
The 4-hour option, led by scratch battle champion DJ Pone, provides a more extensive look into the world of scratching. Students will leave with a deeper knowledge of scratching techniques, mixing, and more --- all with the help of a DJ legend! Complimentary beverages and lunch will be served during the half-day group lesson option.
- Equipment is provided
- If you have experience with other equipment that you would like to explore, please note this when booking your lesson
- No experience is necessary
- Intro to Scratch Lesson bookings with the option of multiple participants must be booked for the same date and time for all participating
Choose between the 90 minute or 4 hour option.
90-minute lessons will have a maximum of 5 participants. 4-hour classes will have a maximum of 3 participants.
This experience is for participants only.
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Please dress as you wish, casual attire is most common.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. Cancellations and/or rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Do I need to bring my own equipment?
All equipment is provided. If you have your own that you would like to bring with you, please indicate it in your booking request.
Do I need experience?
No experience is necessary with either lesson option.
Will food or drinks be provided?
Beverages will be served in both lesson options. Lunch will be served in the 4-hour lesson only.
What are the 15 must-know secrets to DJing?
That's a great question ... sign up and find out!
Can large groups be accommodated?
Yes. For groups larger than 3 participants, please contact Cloud 9 Living for pricing and details.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 106 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences