Quail Lodge - Carmel, CA
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Start times depend on lesson duration and time of year
- Professional instructor, state of the art Land Rover
- Conquer steep ascents, side-tilts, log crossings, creek crossing and more
- Explore the beautiful 850-acre Quail Lodge and learn the basics of expedition-style driving
- 1 -6 hour lesson options for up to 3 people
Begin your adventure by first selecting which state of the art vehicle you'd like to drive. Choose from the Range Rover, Range Rover Sport,LR4, Evoque or Discovery Sport.
Your lesson includes off-road obstacles such as steep ascents, descents, side-tilts, log crossings, creek crossings, rock crawls, and boulders; creating an exciting and memorable off-road adventure.
When driving off-road the speeds may be slower, but there's no time to relax. No matter how slowly you drive, obstacles will keep you on your toes as you're descending a steep, deeply rutted two-track trail or when you're managing a tight, hairpin turn with trees encroaching on both sides.
Whether an off-road enthusiast, seasoned adventurer or curious novice, you are guaranteed to face exciting terrain.
- Includes up to 3 drivers or 1 driver and 2 passengers
- All drivers must have a valid driver's license
- Vehicles are provided by Land Rover
1 -6 hours, depending on the option selected.
3 per vehicle
This experience is only for those in the Land Rover
This experience is not weather dependent and lessons will run rain or shine.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and closed toed shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 21 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 48 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 48 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 104 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $60
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $90
- All San Francisco Experiences
"The Land Rover Experience was an excellent family experience. Carmel Valley is beautiful, even in the rain. Honestly, I was worried about this experience being a bit hokey or just a big commercial. But, it really wasn't.... Ok maybe a little, but less than expected. They promoted treading lightly and responsible off-roading, which I do appreciate as an outdoors enthusiast. The guide, Mark, was fantastic and very patient, especially with my daughter who apparently thinks the gas/brake pedal is operated like a light switch. ;) He talked all of our drivers through some fairly challenging obstacles, and overall I walked away very impressed by the staff, the experience and especially the LR4. I have to admit the Land Rover brand is one that I will consider when I make my next purchase. Not that this is a commercial, however it was simply that impressive. "
"Experience was not as exciting as expected. Very easy to drive through the woods in a Land Rover, but didn't get to do anything truly abnormal. Also, mostly learned about Land Rover specific off roading tips. I thought there would be more general tips in cars that didn't do everything for you. "
"Entertaining, unique, even considering doing it again."