Reid Hillview Airport in San Jose, CA
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Learn from FAA certified pilots from Northern California's leading flight school with over 50 years experience of flight training
- Take in sites including the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Angel Island and downtown San Francisco
- Learn to fly aboard a Cessna 172 - one of the world's finest training aircrafts
- No experience necessary
You'll be flying aboard a Cessna 172 with a FAA Certified Instructor at your side. You'll start with a guided tour of the airplane and its controls before taking off for a beautiful flight above the scenic Bay Area.
Experience and learn how to manage complex airspace and have the chance to take the controls yourself while flying over several Bay Area aerial landmarks.
Depending on weather conditions, you'll depart Reid Hillview airport towards the west and follow the coast from Half Moon Bay to the Golden Gate Bridge, or follow Highway 101 to San Francisco.
You'll see the Pacific Coast, the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Angel Island and downtown San Francisco like you've never seen them before!
- No experience necessary
- Maximum individual participant weight is 250 pounds
- Combined weight for 1 student and all passengers cannot exceed 500 pounds
- Students under 18 must have a parent or guardian present to sign a waiver
Approximately 2 hour total with 30 minutes of ground instruction and approximately 1.5 hour flight time.
1 student and up to 2 passengers depending upon option selected. However, the total weight of both the student and the passengers must be no more than 500 pounds.
Depending upon option selected, students may bring up bring along 1 or 2 passengers aboard the plane for the flight (weight permitting). Otherwise, additional spectators may come to the airport to watch take off and landing and are encouraged to take photos!
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions, closed-toe shoes, and sunglasses are highly recommended. Also, don't forget to bring a camera!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed with at least 72 hours notice to your experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 106 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $60
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $102
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $165
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $90
- All San Francisco Experiences
"Very enjoyable -- every thing was great, both the flight and the instructor. My only negative comment was on your website and follow-up information, the aircraft shown appeared to be close to new, and surface appearance made a better impression then the craft we flew in.At first my wife was somewhat taken back by the appearance of our plane, but it performed great. Thanks for the great experience."
"Simple and clear booking process, clear instructions, and great appointment-making! The pilot was very friendly, interested, and competent. Great experience!!!"
"Loved every second. My husband raves about it!"