Tours start at Oxbow Market, Napa, CA
March - November
Fridays & Sundays at 11:00 AM
(Friday tours operate April - October)
- Explore revitalized downtown Napa and learn about the history of this beautiful riverfront town
- Delight your taste buds with delicious tastings from 8 local proprietors and restaurants
- Your friendly and knowledgeable guides have been featured in USA Today, SF Weekly, The Daily Candy San Francisco and The Wall Street Journal
There is more to Napa than just wine tasting! Welcome to the first culinary tour in Wine Country, for those who know that California cuisine is just as sought after as its wine.
This tour will delight your taste buds as you explore revitalized downtown Napa with fellow foodies. You'll learn the fascinating history of this beautiful riverfront town, one where celebrity chefs intermingle with organic farmers and boutique winemakers.
Your tour will begin at the new Oxbow Market, where a seasonal bounty of California specialty foods and produce awaits you. Your tour will cross the Napa River and visit 19th century historic buildings that weathered Prohibition to showcase the latest trends in California food and wine.
You'll leave your tour with a carefully curated list of Wine Country restaurant recommendations and recipes for your next meal.
Taste a wide variety of gourmet foods which may include:
- Fresh, single origin brewed coffee tasting from one of San Francisco's premier roasters
- Grilled oysters form one of the most celebrated oyster producers in North America
- A sublime, seasonal selection of the best Californian artisan cheeses
- Artisan salami and a peek at sausage production
- Sought after tastes from a historic multi-winery downtown tasting room
- Wine infused chocolates from local brother/sister chocolatiers
- Award-winning California extra-virgin olive oil
- Handcrafted whoopie pies, named the "next cupcake" by Bay Area food writers
There is no minimum age to participate in this tour; however, in order to participate in the two wine tastings along the way, participants must be over 21 and have valid identification.
Participants are encouraged to bring water in a refillable bottle for the tour.
Gratuity for your tour guide is not included and is appreciated if you enjoy the tour.
Participants will be required to walk approximately one mile on a relatively flat route.
Tour dates require a minimum of 4 participants to run.
This experience is not weather dependent and is held rain or shine regardless of weather conditions. Please bring an umbrella during the winter months, just in case. Always contact your experience provider with any questions about weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for walking and weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and have received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and no rescheduling or cancellations will be allowed.
Are the tours good for San Francisco natives?
Definitely! Locals have a great time on this tour and often attend when family or friends are in town, or when celebrating a special occasion. You'll visit off-beaten path shops and restaurants and learn new things about your city.
What if I have dietary restrictions, am vegitarian, vegan...?
Let us know at the time of booking and remind your tour guide again at the start of your tour. Best efforts will be made to make appropriate substitutions when available.
Are cameras allowed?
Absolutely! We love it when participants take pictures and post them to our Wall of Fame or on our Facebook page.
How hard is the walk?
Most reasonably active people should be able to handle this walk. There are no major hills.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
Yes, please let us know when booking your tour if you will have a wheelchair.
What happens if it rains?
Tours are held rain or shine regardless of weather conditions. Please bring an umbrella during the winter months, just in case. And don't worry, you will stay cozy and dry inside the shops and restaurants.
Is gratuity included?
Gratuity is not included and is greatly appreciated. 15-20% is customary in the tourism industry.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 99 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseFrom: $70Avg Rating of: 5(16)
- Learn to Fly Big SurFrom: $305Avg Rating of: 4(6)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Gourmet Chocolate TourFrom: $70Avg Rating of: 5(7)
- Champagne Brunch CruiseFrom: $110Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseFrom: $155Avg Rating of: 4(6)
- America's Cup SailingFrom: $165
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate TourFrom: $95Avg Rating of: 5(7)
- Napa Food TourFrom: $95Avg Rating of: 4-half(14)
- All San Francisco Experiences
"Excellent tour- this made me want to come back to the city of Napa - so much history, and so much to explore!"
"We very much enjoyed the tour, but we were definitely hungry at the end. It started at 11:00 and ended at 3:00. We had many nibbles along the way, but they were just nibbles. A few thin slices of cheese, followed by a few bites of salumi, teaspoon of ice cream and chocolate and wine tasting that you can do all day in the valley for little or no charge. For $160.00 we could have had a wonderful lunch with wine and been totally satisfied. After the tour we went to Hog Island Oyster Co and had a dozen oysters for another $40.00."
"Would refer to any foodie friends"